27

Jace's POV

"Do you know what this is?" I asked my parents, laying out the book in front of them.

They looked troubled.

"Very suspicious!" My wolf yipped.

Very. Suspicious.

"This book is very ancient and it's about vampires and demons. Why did you read it?" My father looked at me.

"That's not important right now. Mind telling me what you know? Because your faces tell me you know something." I looked at my mother. "What about you, mom?"

She sighed. "This necklace you are pointing at is the Baldasassare family necklace. The thing is, once someone is born with it, it can't be separated from the person. And this necklace is different too." My mother looked at me and sighed again. "Only our pack knows of it. The other packs probably forgot about it, so don't go running off and telling everyone. Got it?"

I nodded and she continued. "The Baldasassare family was different. They are also vampires. We don't know how, but once the necklace is activated, they shift. Into a dark rider. The difference is, that they have a horn, just like a unicorn. The horn is blessed upon them from the devil itself. Lucifer." She glanced up at me again, but continued on. "This horn gives them more power. The Baldasassare family are loyal servants to Lucifer."

"Hm, I pictured our mate as a dark rider, and," Howl whistled.

I glared at him. "Not the time, not the time."

"So why did you want to know about this vampire necklace?" My father asked.

My mother gaped at me and then gasped. "Your mate has that necklace!"

She knows everything. I nodded.

"But she isn't a vampire. She doesn't look like one, she doesn't act like one, and she doesn't have the same... tendencies." I told them.

"And how would you know?" My father asked.

"In school, and I spy on her sometimes too. She doesn't go outside to hunt or anything either." I said.

"Hm, I think I've heard something like that." My mother said, in deep thought. "She might be blessed by the devil to hide her vampire appearance, but she should still have the vampire abilities."

My dad nodded. "You should confront her in a few days. We don't know if she's a threat, your mate or not." My mother immediately slapped my father after he said that.

"Don't listen to him, just confront her." My mother said smoothly.

I nodded. I hope Kasey isn't a threat.

Kasey's POV

A few days later...

Ugh! Jace is so annoying! He looked like a fish, opening his mouth sometimes like he wants to say something, but then closing it. If he wants to tell me something, tell me!

I heard the rustling again. Jace, of course.

I rolled my eyes and turned around. "What do you want? You seem like you want to tell me something, but you always stop yourself. What's your problem?"

He sighed. "Fine, I'm going to tell you, but don't freak out or laugh at me."

I nodded, telling him to go on. I played around with my necklace nervously.

He took a deep breath. "I'm a werewolf."

Okay, not expecting that. Play it cool Kasey. I raised my eyebrows at him. "And?"

"Wait, you're not surprised?" He asked worriedly. Aww, he looks kind of cute!

I scoffed. "No, and wait, I'm your mate but there's a downside."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait what?"

I rolled my eyes. "Wattpad." That's right, I'm very smart.

He chuckled. "Do you know what that necklace does or is?"

I looked at him strangely. "Um, no?"

"Here, but don't freak out. You're a vampire, and a dark rider. That necklace appears once someone from the Baldasassare bloodline is born, and the Baldasassare family are loyal servants to Lucifer. And what I said about you being a dark rider, you have a horn that is blessed to you from Lucifer." He said.

I narrowed my eyes. "Then let's ask my parents."

***

Aaaaaaaaand, cut!!! That's a wrap for today guys! See you next chapter!

(Ps, if you forgot, it's the normal routine. You know, vote and comment, blah blah blah)