{•Protective Parents [1]•}

>>Pairing[s]:
-Doc x Bdubs
-Tango & Bdubs

——————————
>>Content/Trigger Warnings:
-Abandonment [Child Abandonment]
-Angst

——————————
>>Word Count: 757

——————————
>>Other Information:

-Baby Tango AU

-Bdubs is angry

Rain pittered pattered against the cold cement of the sidewalk as Bdubs trudged down the street, watching the puddles across the ground ripple as he walked through them.

A soft, annoyed sigh slipped out of his mouth as he glanced around. Everything was so much gloomier as the grey clouds in the sky refused to fade away.

He mentally swore about the fact that he missed the bus, and in result found himself walking back home after an abnormally long day of work. Hell, he had even forgotten his umbrella.

At least he'd be back home with Doc soon, Doc always managed to make him feel better.

Something in the back of his mind told him to stop walking and he did so, slowly coming to a stop as he blinked, confused on where the thought even came from.

Silence filled the air around the brunette as he stayed still for a bit longer, listening to the rain as he internally decided on if he should listen to the voice in the back of his head telling him to stay there.

A distant, quiet shuffling sound broke the silence as Bdubs registered it and looked up, confusion flashing across his half masked face as he glanced around, eyes trailing down to a dead end alleyway not too far off from where he was standing

Normally, Bdubs would just ignore this and continue walking, crossing the street in the process just to be safe.

The only difference this time was the pause between the movement before he could barely make out a muffled wail from the alleyway through the rain.

That was definitely not normal.

Before Bdubs knew it, he was heading towards the source of the noise and peered down the alleyway, nothing unusual could be seen and he furrowed a brow. Could he have just been hearing things?

Another cry from down the dead end grabbed his attention and gave him the confirmation that he wasn't just hearing something.

Slowly, Bdubs made his way into the alley, internally relieved that the buildings around blocked off some of the rain and kept him relatively safe from it.

Movement in the corner of his eye had him quickly turning around, gaze shifting to a relatively small box tucked off to the side, a blanket was lazily thrown over it. The entire box was soaked from the rain and a small amount of movement was seen from under the blanket.

Assuming it was an animal someone dumped had Bdubs huffing. Who in their right mind would just drop an animal off in the middle of nowhere?

He walked over to the box and crouched down, reaching out and pulling back the blanket, the annoyed expression on his face quickly swapping out with a mix of worry and surprise.

Under the soaked blanket laid a small, wet baby; around a year or so in age. The blonde locks stuck to the child's forehead as it cried and squirmed; from the cold amongst many other things

The first thing Bdubs had registered was the short tail that the baby had, along with the pointed ears. The second thing he processed were the words "Devil baby" scrawled across it's wet pajamas.

Bdubs was abnormally quick to gently pick the child up, cradling it in his arms as he held it close to himself in an attempt to keep it warm. Anger bubbled up in him as he realized that some monster had just dropped this baby off and left it to die.

The baby sniffed and squirmed slightly, the distressed crying from the child died down as Bdubs held it; the poor thing must've been so mistreated to already be relaxing if Bdubs' grasp.

He quickly began heading back out of the alley, the steady pace of his walk from earlier turning into a desperate speed walk as he made it his mission to get home as soon as possible.

A whimper emerged from the baby and Bdubs glanced down at it, mismatched eyes locking onto the bright red ones looking back at him and he frowned. He hadn't even processed the fact that red eyes definitely weren't too normal; as all he had noticed was the pain and sadness in them.

So, with the baby held close and warmer than it could've been in the box, he continued to head back to his and Doc's house.