Chapter 16

5 hedgehogs all landed on the cold hard ground roughly. One of them slowly opened their eyes to see the sky above them... If you can call it that. Like all natural sky's, this one was indeed blue. For a quarter of it. The other 3/4ths were a mixture of a yellowish tinge and a grey blend. White and black streaks of colour swerved in and out like a rolling wave. Another hedgehog who had landed on their stomach looked down at the ground... If you can even call it that. The grass was an illiterate checkerboard. It's as if Green Hill Zone decided to come to life and dump its grass wherever it pleases. But there were some differences for instance, while some blades of grass were green they weren't grass green and most certainly not translucent. They were made of green crystals. One more hedgehog decided to sit up and take in their surroundings. The trees -oh the trees- they were bended in every way possible. Up, down, left, right, some looked like animals, some looked like people, some even looked impossible as part of their roots hung in the air. Nothing made sense and the villains all knew that as they stared at their world around them.

"Where the hell are we?" Scourge asked as he stood up and turned in a full circle. "Some messed up place that has yet to live? Or another one of Exe's demented areas?"

"Oh very funny Scourge." Exe glared at the green hedgehog. "So very funny."

"Alright, that's enough the both of you!" Nazo narrowed his eyes at the both of them. While that was happening, Fleetway flew towards a tree and tipped upside down.

"I don't think this is in any way natural." He observed and then looked at Mephiles as he stood beside him.

Mephiles looked at him with a look. "Really?" Fleetway nodded and landed on his feet.

"Yeah." The two of them looked towards Nazo as they heard a voice and judging by the look on his face, he heard it to. Exe and Scourge even stopped fighting to listen to the voice.

"Who the hell would be here?" Scourge asked the question on all of their minds. Wanting to know who it was, all 5 of them hid behind some wacky tree as they looked at clearing.

"Is that... Chaos?" Mephiles asked as they saw said god cowering in fear to a different being. "And who is that other guy?"

"You think we know?" Exe inquired as he glanced at Mephiles. "Just like you, we only got here."

"Would you both shut up! I'm trying to listen." Nazo commanded then looked back at the scene before them.

Scourge scoffed and stood up. "Well I don't know about you, but I'm going in." He then walked closer but still stayed hidden in the trees.

"I'm going to!" Fleetway followed him. Nazo rolled his eyes and went after the both of them. Mephiles glanced at Exe to see him pouting.

"Whatever you're doing that for, it doesn't look like a good look on you."

Exe glared at Mephiles. "Shut up." He then walked over to the other hedgehogs with Mephiles following suit.

"Why would you ever come to this pathetic rock!? It's absolutely disgusting! Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just kill you now for even thinking of coming to this outlandish, backwater, rinky-dink planet!" The one being beside Chaos had said with disgust clear in his voice. But that's only if one were to be able to distinguish if someone without emotion in their voice would be saying. Taking a closer look at the being, it seemed pretty clear that it was a he.

This being looked like a pure green hedgehog but he looked like it was made out of crystal. His entire body was see-through and he didn't have any insides. Crystals were poking out of his head and jutted in every direction that looked similar to quills, only crystal. His eyes were the emerald green with red sclera but had crystal coverings with emerald shards that made up a protection shield and just like Mephiles had his crystallized, his arms are crystal with white crystal fingers that looked like claws and were flexible. He wasn't wearing any shoes but his feet looked like a slab of green crystal only made to look like he could walk. There were broken shackles around his wrists and ankles. They both look like two long and very sharp lances made out of crystal that could come out of his arms and could extend or shrink at his demands. But the biggest thing that caught their attention was that multiple chains came out of his back like snakes. There seemed to be more than twenty on each side and waved around like a cape caught by a light breeze. Once in a while this hedgehog had flicked those chains like wings.

The villains were used to crazy shit happening all the time. Just look at them for crying out loud! But they certainly never seen anyone that looked like that before. Not being used to anything like that hedgehog, they watched his visage to see his reactions. The voice was dull and without emotion. Same goes with his eyes. Dull even with their bright colours. And the way he stood was one with pride. He didn't hold himself in a slouch meaning that he must be prideful and strong. He was confident in the way he outright talked to a god and made said being cower before him. Then again Chaos wasn't one to pick a fight but he did look ready to turn into a puddle and hide in the darkest corner ever known. And that brought them to this being's face. He looked stern as he looked down at Chaos with a sneer.

"B-B-Because..." Chaos stuttered out in a whisper but he didn't finish as one of the hedgehog's chains had snapped into action. Before anyone could blink, the chain went from natural and cape-like to clutching the God's neck tightly. The hedgehog let out a low growl but it was so low that it sounded more like a volcano about to blow its top.

"Because what? You overgrown puddle!"

"B-Bec-cause y-you w-would-dn't d-do th-that..." The hedgehog's eyes narrowed and he lifted Chaos off of his feet dangling while he clutched harder.

"What makes you think I won't do that? Everyone knows that I don't care what happens to anyone." The hedgehog then slammed Chaos into the ground leaving a small dent. He pushed him in harder and caught off his airway even more as he bared his teeth. Or at least what is called rows upon rows of sharp jagged shark fangs that look ready to slice rock in half.

In a low voice they didn't know the being could go he said: "Tell. Me."

"I thought this planet might-" Chaos spoke in a rapid whisper with his face turning slightly purple but was caught off when another chain wrapped around his neck and looked like it was about to tear him apart. He was then able to get in some air to continue but it was barely audible. "... Change... You..." The hedgehog let out a scoff at that.

"Change me?" Chaos did a small nod. "You're insane if I ever want to change myself. I like who I am." The hedgehog crossed his arms over his chest.

"Bu... But... I... Meet a... Mortal... He... Cou-"

"A Mortal?" He looked at Chaos with half-lidded eyes. "A fucking Mortal? Why are you wasting your time with a pathetic underling! They are useless pieces of trash! I can easily decimate this little rock in one bite. So tell me Chaos, what makes you think one puny Mortal could change anything?"

"I believe you are talking about me." All heads turned to look at the new voice and the villains were plenty surprised, Chaos looked happy and the hedgehog was completely bored.

"Nazo!?" Scourge voiced his name and looked to said white hedgehog. "How the fucking hell!?"

"I don't know... But this guy looks a little different than me..." Nazo muttered as he kept his eyes on his look-alike. It was the same guy back he saw in the water when he faced his double a while back.

Fleetway looked from their Nazo to the Nazo look-alike in a rapid succession. "Well you're right there. This guy looks half like you and like he's stuck in his perfect form. And with a different quill style to."

"Putting whatever or whoever that is aside, maybe we should continue watching to find out more about this wacky place." Mephiles offered as they all looked back to what was going on.