Chapter 9

Nazo's p.o.v.

I didn't know what happened. One minute I was diving down to grab the emerald the next I'm here in front of... well... myself! I was at a loss for words as I watched him, er, myself, er, that... THING start to walk away. I was finally able to snap out of my stupor and told him to give the emerald to me.

"Hmm?" he only hummed and took a glance at me

"I told you to hand the emerald over." I had to stop myself from making any unnecessary movements. He laughed and turned to me with a toothy smile.

"Now why would I do that?" I growled and came up to him but he made no attempt to move.

"Cause I said so." in one quick movement, I tried to reach for the emerald but found the ground instead.

"Hmm hmm hmm. I say no." I looked up to see him admiring the emerald "And besides, why would you want to help that so called hero to begin with?" once I got back up to my feet, I looked at him confused.

"So called?" before I realized what was happening, he punched me straight in the gut and smashed me to the ground.

"Of course so called. He is a fake for calling himself a hero. Why would he ever want to protect something that he had despised from the very beginning?" 'Sonic isn't a hero?'

"What are you even talking about!?" I yelled and charged at him again but ended up with a face full of sand.

"Immortality is a nasty thing and could leave all those with that curse to do some not so nice things. Just look at yourself." I got onto my knees but was pushed down by his foot on my back. "But it wasn't really your fault for being that nuisance's friend... oh wait! It was." I tried to struggle but wasn't finding myself very successful.

"What-"

"Oh don't play that game Neikan! Your better than that!" 'Neikan... but my name is Nazo... what is going on here!?'

"I think you've mistaken me for someone else." before I could do anything else, I was lifted up to my feet and forced to look at the ocean but my reflection wasn't really mine. My quills were still upwards but in a more curvy style in the middle, my fur was more of a murky grey instead of pure white and I was wearing the same cuffs from my perfect form. I took a glance at the one I was fighting before and saw myself, before the strange appearance change, holding me without any effort but it felt like an iron grip was holding me.

"Now you see the real you Neikan, whatcha gonna do?" I growled and looked down at the ocean huffing. 'If he thinks I'm this Neikan guy then I better play the part.'

"Alright, alright. You got me." I felt the grip lesson and was able to stand up straight.

"Finally." he tossed the emerald into the air and I had to force myself not to look at it. "Now we're getting somewhere." just as he tossed the emerald one last time, in one foul swoop, I pinned him to the ground and ended with the emerald in my hands.

"The only place your going is down." I put the emerald into my still curvy quills and made him face me "And for your information, my name is Nazo." he laughed and smirked at me.

"You may be Nazo in mind but you'll always be Neikan in heart. Why do you think that your appearance changed?" I let him go and before I left I looked at my reflection again to find my white fur, straight quills and no cuffs. When I looked back at my copy, I found a little note instead saying that if I don't find out the truth about the balance keeper, hell will rain. Thinking nothing of it, I crumbled the note up and through it into the ocean.

"I am Nazo and whether Sonic is seen as a hero or not is up to those you are either with him or against him." without a second to lose, I flew in the direction of Angel island.