Chapter 10

Sonic's p.o.v.

"Give up Dark!" I dodged another blast aimed at me and sent a chaos spear back at him.

"HA! I'll never give up and you should know that!" he was blasted onto the ground by Light who landed beside me.

"I can handle him Keeper. You go to Angel Island while I hold him off."

"No. I'll stay here and fight." Dark hasn't shown any signs of him stopping and I'm pretty certain that the others might not be having the best of luck. I knew that I accidentally let a couple shadow creatures escape but I'm sure I can track them down later. I felt a disturbance on Angel Island and since Knuckles is dead, I'm now responsible for the island. Ugh... sometimes I really hate my job.

"Have somewhere you need to go?" Light's voice brought me back and I didn't realize he was holding me until I looked around.

"Um... Light-"

"You spaced out and almost got hit by Dark's attack." I nodded and jumped out of his arms.

"I need to go to-"

"I know and I can handle him. Just go." he pushed me then flew off to attack Dark. I shook my head and raced off in the direction the island was in. Light has always wanted to fight Dark and at one point, Dark had said that Light was planning something huge but I could never pin-point what. So for safety, Light had agreed to stay with Dark so I wouldn't get suspicious. Though with the way I've always seen them acting to each other when they think my back is turned, well, lets just say that I have yet to let any of those suspicions go. I soon arrived on Angel Island and found all five negative beings leaning against the altar to the emerald. Once I stepped towards them, their expressions told me that they didn't have an easy time getting the emeralds. Nazo looked at me emotionless, Exe was glaring, Mephiles looked hesitant, Scourge was eyeing me, Fleetway was looking everywhere but at me.

"Sonic." Nazo walked over to me.

"Nazo."

"Are you sure about that?" he glared at me right in the eye.

"What-"

"Oh don't give me that." he tossed his arms into the air "You know who I am don't you?" Don't you!?" I had to step back as he yelled in my face.

"And again, what are you talking about?"

"And I'll ask again, who am I!?!?!?" he pushed me

"Nazo!" we both looked over at Mephiles and I was surprised to hear him squeak. "Don't hurt him!"

"Oh, cause you think you could apologize for killing him and be all happy?" Mephiles whimpered as Nazo yelled at him

"Hmm..." I looked over at Scourge as he walked to me with Exe. "I don't know... he doesn't look powerful..." I raised an eye ridge at that

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Humph. Why should we tell you huh?" Exe said in a not to friendly way "How can we be sure that you are the real Sonic?"

I blinked "What?"

"Yeah, you heard me Sonic or should I call you Faker!" I deadpanned

"Have you really lost your head?" he growled

"Oh, and there you go with the snarky, cocky or whatever it is comments!" he stomped back to his spot, stuck his tongue at me then turned around.

"Okay?..." I looked around at everyone but they weren't paying attention to me so I walked up to Fleetway as I haven't talked to him yet.

"What do you want?" he still didn't look at me

"I want to know what exactly happened to all of you to make this happen." I gestured to everyone and Fleetway finally looked at me but... why do I see fear in his eyes?