Chapter 12

Once the five villains had found a safe spot away from any orbs that might accidentally get fired at them, they had watched the fight that was going on. Exe had seen Scourge come towards them and chuckled.

"So, the green-bean has finally come back, huh?" Scourge rolled his eyes.

"Oh how nice."

"Stop it the both of you." Nazo said in a whining voice. "I'm tired of your fighting and don't want to hear it." the green hedgehog and orb-eyed hedgehog looked at each other then at the white hedgehog.

"Jesus Nazo, we weren't fighting." Exe said half-hearted

"Yeah, though it sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Scourge agreed with him. Nazo rubbed his temples as he sighed.

"You know, it doesn't hurt to get along every once in a while." Fleetway shrugged.

"And like I said, we weren't fighting."

"Yeah, well, only an idiot would see that you were getting along with each other." Mephiles said as he watched Sonic and Light kick Dark's ass. "Besides, its not like the world will split apart if something like that happens." he snickered and Exe deadpanned.

"Very funny." Scourge rolled his eyes while walking away from their general area to sit in one without them standing around.

"If only." he muttered to himself. Nazo had heard him mutter something under his breath and looked towards Fleetway when the golden hedgehog nudged him with his elbow.

"What?" he asked as Fleetway smirked.

"Oh, nothing." he waved his hand dismissively and Nazo frowned.

"You seem to be crazier than usual." he raised an eye ridge. "Want to talk about it?"

"Other then you seeming to have a caring side, no." he crossed his arms over his chest as the white hedgehog copied him. "There's nothing to talk about."

"Right." he rolled his eyes and they all watched as Dark was repeatedly hit by Sonic and Light who came at him from different angles.

"If only we could get in on the action." Exe said while tilting his head the slightest.

"You want to get your ass kicked?" Scourge sarcastically said as he stared at the orb-eyed hedgehog. "Cause I can do that easily." Exe growled as he glared at the green hedgehog.

"Why don't you shut up or else I'll sew your mouth closed?" Nazo shook his head while waving his arms out.

"And our moment of peace is gone. Why do I even try?"

"Peace is the last thing on anyone's mind at the moment Nazo." Mephiles shrugged as he looked at the white hedgehog. "Dark doesn't seem like one for peace at all." he waved towards the black hedgehog who got smashed into the ground.

"Yeah, well, Dark likes to betray everyone and is getting what he deserves." Fleetway crossed his arms over his chest as he glared at Dark, hoping he would burst into flames. "He started this, so this is his punishment." they all watched as Sonic and Light landed behind Dark as he stumbled onto his feet, he tried to charge at Sonic but the pure green hedgehog stopped him from tightly wrapping a chain around his body.

"But don't you think that this is a little extreme?" Nazo raised an eye ridge as Sonic charged an orb and pointed it at the black hedgehog.

"What do you mean Nazo?" Mephiles asked him as everyone looked at the white hedgehog.

"I mean that maybe Dark shouldn't just be the one who is punished. We are technically to blame for everything. Light seemed too nice when we freed him, Sonic has this weird transformation that none of us knew about and above all that, we started this." it was silent until laughter rang out around him from the other four hedgehogs.

"You really have gone soft." Exe chuckled then smirked. "If you think its our fault, then why don't you go up to Sonic now and expect your punishment?" Nazo frowned then turned away from him and started to just as the orb-eyed hedgehog said.

"Selfish bastards." he muttered under his breath and Fleetway's eyes widened as he saw the white hedgehog walk away.

"Nazo! Where are going!?" he yelled out but didn't get a reply. All he got was a glare from green eyes as the hedgehog in question continued to go to Sonic.

"Nazo!" the four hedgehogs continued to yell out towards the white one to call him back but Nazo didn't listen. He felt as though he had caused all this to happen, to do this to Sonic, and seeing how the pure green hedgehog was able to beat Dark senseless -the same hedgehog they couldn't beat and with the help from Light though Sonic did most of it- he knew that he couldn't beat someone on a totally different level then he was on. Why continue to fight something if you already know that your going to lose? That's what Nazo felt like right now. He was ready to except whatever Sonic had planned for him and if it was never ending torture, he wouldn't fight back. He was so confused about everything. Questions more than he could count piled up one on top of the other. He stopped walking as he was feet from the three hedgehogs who were just fighting moments ago. Light seemed to have notice him standing there so he nudged Sonic who in turn looked at Nazo and lowered the orb a little bit.

"Nazo, why are here?" he asked in the same emotionless tone as the white hedgehog cleared his throat but before he could speak, the other four hedgehogs came running up behind Nazo.

"Nazo, you shouldn't just come over here like that!" Exe sneered through clenched teeth then his expression softened as he looked at Sonic. "So sorry about that. Nazo just seems to walk off without a care in the world." he chuckled nervously as he felt the pure green hedgehog's energy roll off him in waves unlike his own energy.

"No need to apologize. I could already tell that his past his catching up with him."

"Huh?" Nazo asked what was on everyone's mind as Sonic did what everyone hoped he wouldn't do. He let Dark go. The black hedgehog let out a sigh of relief as he was freed then stiffened as he warily looked at the green orb still in Sonic's hand. The pure green hedgehog looked at Light and nodded towards the black hedgehog.

"Make sure he doesn't do anything funny." Sonic warned once Light was beside Dark and he pointed the orb at them. "Or else."

"You don't have to worry about anything Keeper. I will definitely make sure nothing happens." on the word 'definitely' his fist shot out and punched Dark in the shoulder causing the black hedgehog to stumble and glare at him

"Ow." he growled through clenched teeth as he went back to his navy colour with his aura disappearing. Light did the same but his white fur changed to light blue and his aura also disappeared.

"Your problem. Not mine." he started to walk away with Dark in tow. Who rolled his eyes and reluctantly followed. The five villains looked from the two embodiments to Sonic with wide eyes.

"How could you do that!?" Scourge practically yelled as Sonic raised an eye ridge.

"Cause I can." he deadpanned.

"You know what I mean."

"Besides that, you still have a promise to keep." Fleetway said and Sonic showed him the orb.

"Why do you think I'm still holding this." he placed the orb in both of his hands and charged it up even more. In a blink of an eye, he spread his arms out causing the orb to envelope them all and in a flash of green, they were gone.