Chapter 19

Nazo could hardly believe his ears. Balance - the same Balance that Light and Dark were going on about!? He's just a kid! Why are they going after a dang kid!? Nazo glanced back at Fleetway to see if he was imagining hearing the doll hedgehog say that, only to see that Fleetway was spacing off again.

“What was with that hedgehog!?” Nazo said as he looked back at Balance, his face unmoving.

"Your name... Is Balance?" He carefully asked and Balance nodded without a single peep.

Nazo didn't know what he was going to make of this situation, it was strange to say the least. He then tried to start a conversation. "So... Um..."

"You want to know what I am doing right?" That is until Balance interrupted him.

"Er... Yes... If you don't mind me asking..." Nazo said carefully, muttering out that last part.

"The worst punishment possible... Trapped within time..." Balance rambled off as Nazo thought this over.

Trapped? Within time? Why is Light and Dark doing this to what appeared as a kid? So many questions that are left unanswered all because of some weirdo past that the five of them are trying to uncover. Nazo wanted to clear this all up, to get the answers he wanted, and it seemed like this little doll hedgehog could be his ticket for those answers.

"Balance." He said, immediately getting the hedgehog's attention. "Could you maybe show me what happened?"

Balance was quiet for a moment then slowly stood up and started walking up. Literally, up, into the sky. Balance had a certain sway with his walk that looked like he was rather lifeless. Nazo had no words for what he just witnessed. He shook his head then flew up to Balance.

"Hey... Uh... Do you have to do that...?" Nazo asked, quickly getting Balance's attention.

"Do what?" Balance asked, still walking.

"Er... That..." Nazo gestured to Balance's walking, causing said doll hedgehog to stop and float there- looking Nazo directly into his eyes.

"You are not from this time at all." Balance stated calmly making Nazo confused for his choice of words and before he got a chance to ask about that, Balance actually flew off this time.

"-At least he's actually flying..." Nazo remarked, then glanced over in Fleetway's direction. No change with him as Nazo sighed and grabbed Fleetway by his arm. "We need to find out what's wrong with you…" He sighed then flew off after Balance. It's been a few minutes but soon Balance had led them to Light and Dark approaching an older looking Balance who was watching random Mobians.

"There." Balance pointed at the two white fire, and black vine hedgehogs.

"Light and Dark?" Nazo asked, seeing the both of them from earlier.

"You know them?" Balance glanced at Nazo.

"Well, sort of..." Nazo grumbled but then saw how Balance fixed his gaze on him, making Nazo glance away. "I-In my time they did-"

"They are evil." Balance interrupted him then looked back at Light and Dark. Nazo said nothing and looked as well knowing something was up.

"Balance." The vine hedgehog announced as he flew over to said older doll hedgehog with Light just behind him.

"I have done nothing wrong." Balance immediately said, not looking at them.

"Oh sure, like we would believe that." Light huffed, glaring at Balance.

"Look at us now!" Said Dark, making Balance turn his head in an awkward angle so that he was looking at them upside-down. "Would you stop with those movements? They look unnatural."