Chapter 15

Ziana perched from the rafters, trying to figure out what to do next. When she had been cast to the ends of the earth, Carpet had hitched a ride with her and saved her life. Carpet had flown her back to the palace with surprising speed. She quickly slid down the silk curtains and landed quietly on the floor. She needed to get a hold of the lamp, then Genie would be in her power again. She could see the lamp sitting on the pedestal next to the love seat.

Savina and Jenssin were sitting together on the throne, which was now a small love seat. Savina had removed the covering from Jenssin's face but had kept the golden shackles that secured his ankles and wrists on. Jenssin was holding her hand, and talking to her in a low voice. Ziana knew it was an act, Genie magic couldn't force people to fall in love with each other.

"What else do you love about me?" Savina crooned in a soft voice, her attention fully fixed on the prince.

"You're eyes are as dark as the night sky, shining with the silver beams of starlight. Your hair is soft as the finest silks,"

He reached up and touched one of the curls near her face, and Savina beamed with pleasure.

"....and you are so twisted." Jennsin's voice floated quietly through the palace. Ziana had to admit, he was much better at improvising then she was. She heard the clink of the chains as he shifted towards her and watched as he gently placed a kiss on Savina's red lips. Ziana took this opportunity to reach for the lamp, but Savina saw her out of the corner of her eye and stood up, throwing Jenssin away from her.

"You! How many times do I have to kill you!" She bellowed, and then blasted a fireball at Ziana.

Ziana shrieked and scrambled backward, dropping the lamp on to the ground. She watched as Jenssin ran towards Savina and wrapped the chains around her neck. She faltered for only a second before throwing him aside. Savina pointed her staff at him and encased him in a large golden hourglass.

"I'm sorry, but dear prince but your time is up!" She sneered, as sand started pouring on to him. He banged on the glass, his shouting muffled.

Ziana guessed she had about ten minutes or so before the sand completely buried him. She had to think quickly.

Savina screeched again, and a large number of swords fell around Ziana, barely missing her. She knew that she wasn't going to win this through strength. Savina was the most powerful sorceress in the entire world. She knew she needed to think about it from a different angle.

"Is this all you can do? I can do this all day!" Ziana shouted at Savina as more swords rained down on her.

Savina let out a low laugh, "Oh my dear, you have no idea what I am capable of."

"Jenssin!" She heard the Grand Sultan shout, she turned around and saw that the sand was covering almost all of him. He was struggling to keep his head above the fine white sand and pounding with his fist on the glass. It was going so fast!

"You think you could beat me while I am the most powerful sorceress on Earth!" Savina said as she conjured a fireball in each hand.

"Are you though?" Ziana asked

Savina paused, "Excuse me?"

"Who made you a sorceress?" Ziana asked, an idea dawning on her.

"The Genie, I wished it and she turned me into a sorceress," Savian said, rolling her eyes.

"Genie gave you your power and she can take it away."

"She serves ME!" Savina protested.

"Just face it, Savina. You're still just second best! You will always be second!"

Savina thought for a moment. "Second?! Only second?! Her power really does exceed my own...but not for long!" Savina then whirled to face Genie, she grabbed the lamp and rubbed it.