Chapter 13

Ziana walked into her room feeling like the happiest girl on earth. Jen had walked her to her room, holding her hand the entire way. She felt a little nervous about becoming a Queen but she knew that with the help of Genie she would be able to. Now all she had to do was convince Genie to give up her wish of freedom so that she could stay with Ziana at the palace. Deep down she knew she would be able to keep up the facade of Princess ZiZi by herself. The prince and the Grand Sultan could never find out that she was just a little girl from the streets.

"Genie I am so happy thank you—," She started looking around her room. But Genie was nowhere to be seen.

"Genie? Genie where are you?"

Then she heard a low laugh. She turned around and that Serprentress Savina was standing in her room holding the lamp.

"I know what you are, and I know what you are not. You are that little wrench I had arrested from the market the other night, the one whom I made descend into the Cave of Wonder. You are that little street filth, Ziana," she sneered and her eyes flashed menacingly.

"The old woman, it was you?" She asked.

Savina just laughed in reply. Ziana felt fear shoot up her spine and realized that she was all alone with Savina. There was no one to help her.

"I should have seen through this illusion, that when a new princess arrived with a magic carpet and all the riches in the world that something was misgiven. You took my lamp, girl and now I have taken it back."

"You! How did you—-,"

"Silence! The lamp is mine now!" Savina shouted, and then rubbed the lamp.

In a puff of smoke, Genie appeared. "Zi I know you are happy but a genie has got to get her beauty—" But her jaw dropped when she saw Savina

"I don't think you're her..."

"No, Genie stop! Please!" Ziana shouted but was lifted off the ground and thrown into one of the bookshelves.

"I'm your master now!" Savina cried. "Genie, grant me my first wish: I wish to rule on high—as the Grand Sultan!"

There was a loud bang, and they were transported away from Ziana's room and into the grand throne room of the palace.

Savina's wish was granted as clouds swirled over the palace. Ziana watched as the Grand Sultan and Jenssin were pulled from their rooms and into the throne room by an unseen force and threw them to the ground.

"Savina! What is the meaning of this?" the Grand Sultan cried, staring in horror up at Savina.

Savina laughed as a cloud of magic engulfed her. when the cloud lifted, she was wearing the Grand Sultan's finest outfit

"That's Sultan Savina to you now!" She cried out, pointing a finger at the former Grand Sultan.

"You must obey me now. I have found the magic Genie in the lamp and I am made my first wish to be the sole ruler of the kingdom."

Ziana's head was pounding as she tried to sit up. She needed to get the lamp back. She needed to fix this before it was too late.

"Savina, I order you to stop!" the Sultan cried.

"Ah, but there's a new order now – MY order, and finally, you will bow to me."

"We'll never bow to you! You will never be Sultan" Jennsin replied defiantly.

Savina paused as if realizing that just because she was Sultan it didn't mean that people would obey her instantly."If you won't bow before a Sultan, then you will all cower before a sorceress!"