13. Mall pt. 2

"EVERYONE ON THE GROUND!" A man yelled walking through the mall with a gun. Alex and his friends immediately dropped to the ground, where as I was more hesitant. "What are you doing?!" Peggy yelled at me. "His voice seems familiar." Alex and I said at the same time. Then I saw it. His bright green eyes. Laurens' bright green eyes. I immediately hit the ground and hid behind a wall. "Yo, what with you sudden change of plans?" Herc asked. "That's Laurens." I breathed. "WHERE IS THOMAS JEFFERSON?!" Laurens yelled. Alex and I froze.

I didn't answer. Laurens grabbed Eliza from the ground and pointed the gun at her head. I immediately jumped out from behind the wall. "Put her down." I said calmly. Everyone in the whole mall watching me. He threw Eliza to the ground and pointed the gun at my chest. "Do you know why I'm doing this?" Laurens asked. "No." I breathed. He shot me in the shoulder and Alex screamed. I held my ground though. "That's sir to you!" He yelled. "Yes sir." I grimaced. "Do you know why I'm here?" He asked pointing the gun at my chest again. "No sir." I sighed looking him in the eye, challenging him to actually kill me. "I'm here because you stole Alex from me." He growled walking to me. "What do you have to say for yourself?" He asked, placing the front of the gun right where my heart is. "I'm sorry, sir." I choked out. "If you were really sorry you'd of left Alex alone weeks ago. So," He paused to dig his thumb into the bullet wound on my shoulder. I screamed in pain.

"I'm going to pull this trigger, and you're going to die. How does that sound?" He asked. I didn't answer. He dug his thumb farther into my shoulder. "ANSWER ME!" He yelled. "It sounds terrible but I'll take it." I sighed, closing my eyes. "Three..." He growled removing his hand from my shoulder. "Thomas move!" Alex yelled. "Two.." I heard him cock the gun. Everyone was yelling at me to move.

"O-." I slapped his hand away from my chest which caused the gun to go skidding across the ground. I pushed Laurens to the ground on this stomach and put my foot on his back while holding my shoulder. "The cops are coming in!" Someone in the mall yelled. I sighed in relief and got off Laurens as the cops ran over to us and the paramedics ran over to me.

I was sat down in one of the chairs in the food court as my shoulder was worked on. After a few minutes of them getting the bullet out of my shoulder I heard my friends yelling at the police to let them be by my side. "Let me see my boyfriend!" Alex cried. I heard the pain in his voice. "Mon cousin est blessé et tu t'attends juste à ce que je reste là et regarde?!?!" I heard Laf yell. I looked over at one of the paramedics that looked like they were shadowing. She looked at me and pointed to my friends. I nodded. She nodded back and walked over to the police men to tell them it's alright.