Dina - It's strange what desire will make foolish people do

"We gotta tell the others we're dating," Dina said at the café as they studied for the tests. Ellie raised her eyes from the notebook and nodded.

The sky was dotted with clouds, but was mostly clear and it was warm enough that they could sit on the outside tables. It was only cold when the wind blew, so they were comfortable enough.

"Yeah. Do you think Jesse will be fine with it?" Ellie scratched her neck, looking around, "I mean, isn't it an unspoken rule not to date your friend's ex girlfriend?"

Dina shrugged, "Maybe. But knowing him I don't think he'll mind."

"Yeah," she sighed. The bags under her eyes were lighter, like she was getting more sleep now. "Maybe we could tell him after the tests, so we don't have to double stress."

Dina hummed, finishing her chocolate and going back to her notes. They had to talk to Jesse, she had to do well in the tests and in her race and maybe fix her relationship with Talia.

Talia had called her in February, and she had been kinder, more accepting. They just talked, ignoring what had happened and it was almost like Dina had never said anything.

She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not, though.

"I'm done for now," Ellie said, closing her notebook at stretching her arms above her, "wanna come over?"

"Ellie," she breathed out, in a fake horrified tone, "are you flirting with me?"

She just rolled her eyes, putting her stuff in her backpack and putting her hand out for Dina to take. "Not right now."

She chuckled as they walked up the street to her apartment, hand in hand. Her heart was warm as they walked, and even Ellie, that usually had a neutral face on, was smiling slightly.

Ellie unlocked the door and they stepped in, letting their backpacks by the entrance and walking over to the sofa.

"Joel?" Ellie called by no one answered, so she shrugged and sat on the sofa. "What do you wanna do?"

Her voice sounded lower, charged. It made Dina's heart beat faster in her chest as she sat beside Ellie. Both of them had a tiny smile on, and Dina let her eyes flutter down to her lips before looking back up.

"I mean..." she smirked, touching their noses. She could feel Ellie's breath on her lips, her green eyes half-closed. "Do I really have to answer that?"

Ellie's hand found its way to her cheeks, and she pulled her closer, connecting their lips. Dina felt herself falling back, and Ellie was above her, her mouth never leaving hers. Her fingers were cold but her mouth was warm and Dina felt goosebumps all over her skin.

Her heart was racing in her chest and her own hands were on Ellie's waist, pulling her closer. Ellie kisses were slow, her lips soft on hers, on her cheek, on her neck. Dina slipped her fingers under Ellie's shirt, feeling her taut stomach and the way her breath quickened too.

She let her hands slide up Ellie's back, feeling her muscles until she reached her sports bra then back down. She felt Ellie bite lightly on the side of her neck before kissing her lips again.

They had been dating but because they couldn't go to Dina's house and it seemed like Joel was always home, it felt like they never had opportunities to make out. And now all that build tension was spilling out and all she wanted was Ellie.

"Ellie," she breathed out, swallowing hard and tugging at her hoodie.

Then they heard the door rattling on its hinges and Joel's voice, "Ellie!"

"Fuck, Joel," she mumbled, letting her forehead rest for a second on the sofa beside Dina's head, "why?"

She stood and Dina sat, picking her phone and trying to calm herself.