Jimin
And I know how he feels about you

Jimin
He's practically in my head right now

Jimin
So trust me when I say even with how odd he might behave and even if he slips up... I don't think he will just kill you

Jimin
You're out of that zone

Jimin
Unless you really mess up which I doubt you will

Jungkook could feel his heart race in his chest. He didn't know what to make of this. Wasn't sure whether to believe Jimin and let himself hope.

Jungkook had to think for a bit. Consider what Jimin had said and let everything that had happened properly settle in.

But even now that he was still feeling somewhat anxious Jungkook knew that sitting around and waiting for Taehyung was probably the last thing he wanted to do.

Of course he wasn't going to out the siren. He would have been stupid to do so. He knew damn well what Taehyung was capable of.

But Jimin had told him it was his free day so Jungkook was going to use it just like that. Yes, in theory he still had uni, but he wasn't going to waste the one day where he could move around freely. He could still go there once Taehyung was back.

Instead he grabbed his keys from the kitchen table, quickly gathered his stuff into a backpack and called his parents. For the first time this month he'd be a 'proper son'.

"Jungkook, you're still alive." Eunji greeted him as she opened the door to her apartment. Jungkook sighed. He was about to have this conversation the second time this day.

Well, not exactly the same conversation. Trying to get his parents off his back was a little easier than doing the same with his best friend. Unlike his parents she was quite good at telling when he was lying.

"I indeed am. Can't believe it myself." Wow, if she only knew how true that statement was. A bit too true for comfort.

Eunji opened the door wider to let him inside, but looking at her expression it was very obvious that she expected some sort of explanation. Sure, Jungkook didn't exactly owe her one, but she was his best friend and Jungkook always told her everything.

Not telling her something was weird. Not just for Jungkook. The fact that he hadn't told her the reason he had disappeared for nearly a month was probably an indicator that it had either been something really bad or had something to do with her.

Which were both worrisome. Jungkook felt bad for putting her in this position, even if it wasn't exactly his fault. He didn't want to make her worry, although worrying was probably reasonable in his case.

"You wouldn't believe the month I had." Jungkook muttered, pulling his jacket off and putting it on the hanger. Once again that statement was a little too true. Even after having a month to work through the fact that all of this was really happening Jungkook felt like it couldn't possibly be.

That the only explanation was that he was going crazy.

"Then start telling me about it." Eunji leaned against the frame of the door to the living room, waiting for Jungkook to get out of his shoes so they could talk.

Luckily Jungkook had come up with a little story. Not exactly a good one, but a vague idea of what could be an excuse. He just hoped Eunji wouldn't see right through him.

"Soooo..." Jungkook followed her to the couch, where she already had some chips prepared... and alcohol. They hadn't seen one another for a month and of course the first thing they were going to do was drink.