Chapter 44

A/N
There was a double update so if you haven't read the part before this go back to read it!

Chapter 44

●●●

About six months after Taehyung had left Jungkook actually ended up buying some stuff for when he would come back. For one clothes, since Taehyung needed to start wearing his own clothes and actually did have a bit of a different shoe size from Jungkook, and secondly some bath salts that Eunji swore by.

It was more of an act of boredom than anything else, but he was happy with what he had bought. He'd made sure the pants and underwear were relatively wide and comfortable and that the t-shirts fit Taehyung's looks. It wasn't like Taehyung would care about this, but Jungkook had fun picking out stuff with Eunji's help. Especially because of all the joking around they did. All Jungkook had told her about Taehyung was that he had somewhat reconciled with Taehyung, who of course was his cousin and not a scary siren, and that he kind of wanted to surprise him once he came back.

"I'm glad you managed to make some time today." Eunji smiled poking his ribs. "How come getting your dick wet and uni always get prioritized over me."

"Honestly my biggest fault. Hanging out with you would probably be a lot more healthy for me."

Eunji furrowed her eyebrows. "Did anything happen with Sohye?"

Jungkook shrugged. Not exactly. Really the problem had been there right from the beginning. It was fun to get his dick wet as Eunji had called it, but Jungkook apparently had gone too soft from his relationship with Eunji. He didn't enjoy sex outside of a relationship as much anymore, because he was missing the affection and care. And while Sohye was fun she had started getting on his nerves.

Sure she had seemed pretty into the idea of possibly getting together but Jungkook didn't even really like her. He didn't dislike her either and the sex had been fun at times while being just straight up frustrating at other times. So after two months of moving around something that could only be called a grayzone between fuckbuddies and dating Jungkook had finally decided to call Sohye and "break up" if that was the right word.

Honestly Jungkook was more than ready for Taehyung to return. If he didn't show up soon too distract Jungkook of just how bored he was growing while drowning in uni work. Jungkook was pretty sure that if nothing interesting happened soon he'd impulse change his major he was sure of it.

"I ended things and she took it personally."

Eunji grimaced. "She seemed into you."

"Eh." Jungkook glanced around. He really didn't feel like continuing this conversation. Seemingly sensing that Jungkook wanted to change the topic she did for him.

"Hey, how about we go get some coffee?" Eunji asked curiously, pointing at the one starbucks they had in that mall. Jungkook wasn't exactly in the mood for coffee but he was craving something sweet and he was sure that some cake was probably not going to make his day worse.

"Sure."

As usual, since this was one of the few coffee shops in town, Jungkook was scanning for familiar faces. They were almost certain to run into someone they knew. The level of familiarity usually played the decisive factor in whether Jungkook was going to try to act like he didn't or let himself be pulled in for a conversation about how things had been going recently.

And of course this time wasn't an exception. He spotted a few people he knew from uni lectures, who were clearly using the free wifi and power sockets to get some homework done. Some of them Jungkook had actually talked to a few times, so when Jungkook was done with ordering their food and drinks they made their way over there.