Chapter 72

Chapter 72

●●●

"You think I could tell her?" Jungkook had spent the last year contemplating that question. Especially while Taehyung had been gone, but it felt wrong to do so without his permission so he hadn't. Jungkook knew he could trust Eunji to keep secrets... but this was a whole other thing on its own.

Eunji had left Taehyung and Jungkook alone on the couch they had just carried in, while she made them some tea. They had decided to take a small break after carrying stuff around for a good hour. While Jungkook was clearly exhausted, not used to this type of physical labor, Taehyung was completely unbothered, even though he had shouldered most of the weight. If there was one thing a siren boyfriend was good for it was moving.

"Tell her what?" Taehyung asked, even though what Jungkook was talking about was pretty clear.

"About what you are... it would be kind of nice to be able to have someone I can talk to about everything. I know I can trust her... the question is just if you can." Jungkook knew it was a lot to ask of Taehyung. If people found out about him he could actually be in danger.

"Do you guys want some honey in your tea?" He nearly got a heart attack when Eunji suddenly appeared in the doorway.

"Yeah, please." He answered, trying not to let the fact that he felt caught show.

"Gotcha." Eunji nodded, disappearing again.

Jungkook turned back to look at Taehyung, who was thoughtfully studying his hands. "If you ask me if I trust her... not really. But I don't really have to trust for that either. I'm not really in danger if you do tell her. If she decides to tell other people, it's not likely anyone will believe her anyways and if they do... they still aren't really a threat to me." Taehyung concluded. "At least I know there are a handful of people that know Jimin isn't human... just some minor slip ups over the years and none of them ever ended up giving him trouble."

Damn, Jungkook had never really thought of that before. But Taehyung was right. As long as a person didn't have substantial evidence, people were bound to write them off as insane. That's just how humans were. There were so many lies on the internet about supernatural experiences... and the furthest they got were being featured for making a great story.

"So... you're okay with me telling her?"

"I don't mind." Taehyung smiled. "You said you could use someone to talk to about all of this... I know the fact that you only have Yoongi as a human to talk about this siren stuff is frustrating."

"Thank god." Jungkook let out a sigh of relief. There were a lot of things he wished he could just throw at another person and see what they thought of it... someone who had nothing to do with all of this. Eunji had always been that person, but over the last year they had sort of grown apart simply because of the fact that Jungkook hadn't really been able to openly talk about his problems anymore.

"Now the only question is how to best tell her..."

"Tell me what?" Eunji entered the room with two steaming cups of tea. "Are you planning to break up with me, Jungkook?" She asked with a dramatic voice as she placed down both cups.

"Bold of you to assume I'm talking about you..." This certainly made things easier.

"Well, was it about me?" Eunji grinned while sitting down on the lounging chair opposite of Taehyung and Jungkook.

"Possibly." Jungkook admitted, unable to stop a smile from making its way onto his face. "And I guess I will just say it straight out, no skirting around the topic." He took a deep breath, trying to think of how he could start this properly. There really was no right way to do this.