Final

A/N

Merry christmas everyone!

Final

●●●

Jungkook had absolutely nothing to base his guess on, but he assumed around another hour had passed when Taehyung began stirring slightly. Almost reflexively Jungkook sat up a little straighter before whispering.

"Tae... Tae, are you awake?"

The body under him made a soft muffled noise, slowly returning to consciousness. Jungkook had to stop himself from making a loud noise in relief. He didn't know how soundproof the walls were and if the guards clearly still stationed at the door could hear him and get suspicious. These were some of the most dangerous minutes of his plan. If the guard came in now Taehyung likely would still be too delirious to defend himself, but he was clearly waking up.

Jungkook once again started running his fingers through Taehyung's hair as the siren moved a little, probably realizing the restrictions to his movement. "Shhhh try not to be too loud. If they hear us we're both fucked. As long as you don't move too much we're safe." Jungkook tried to calm him, although he knew things probably didn't sound all that reassuring.

But Taehyung actually stopped struggling against the handcuffs, his body once again ceasing its movements. Jungkook couldn't help feeling a little bit of happiness at how instantly Taehyung had trusted his judgment of the situation, even without much explanation.

Slowly Taehyung's eyes opened, and he looked about as disoriented as Jungkook had felt when he had woken up as he blinked up at the ceiling. Jungkook squeezed Taehyung's hand softly. "There is no imminent danger right now... no one is here to harm you."

Jungkook was a little anxious that Taehyung might startle at the unfamiliar surroundings. But the siren kept his cool pretty well as he turned his head to look at Jungkook. Taehyung usually didn't have the most expressive face, but when their eyes met, relief was all he could see in Taehyung's expression. Relief with a touch of lingering fear. Like he still wasn't sure that Jungkook was actually okay.

The first thing Taehyung had done after waking up was making sure that Jungkook was safe.

"I'm fine." Jungkook felt a little choked up. They were both fine... Taehyung had woken up again. He quickly blinked before tears could form in the corners of his eyes. "We're both fine."

Unlike Taehyung, Jungkook had the freedom to reach his hands out and gently cup Taehyung's jaw. It was a little awkward, with his arms handcuffed, but he didn't let that stop him. Taehyung still seemed a little bleary as he closed his eyes again at Jungkook's touch. He carefully traced his thumb over Taehyung's cheek before moving to remove the fabric gag from Taehyung's mouth. He hadn't dared remove it before since it didn't fit with his attempt of convincing them he didn't like Taehyung.

"You're fine." Taehyung's voice was just a whisper, but Jungkook almost teared up a second time at how relieved and exhausted he sounded. Jungkook realized that when he had gone down back at their apartment, Taehyung likely hadn't known that it had been sedatives and that Jungkook hadn't actually been in grave danger.

He nodded again. "I'm fine. I'm safe." This time he couldn't stop the tears in his eyes. "You're safe... you woke up." The fear that had been weighing on him the last hours was evaporating, leaving him feeling light.

Slowly Taehyung's eyes seemed to clear up, some of the bleariness disappearing. Jungkook watched as he once again inspected the room around them, still completely still as to not make any sounds.