Chapter 42

Chapter 42

●●●

It didn't take long for Jungkook to start missing Taehyung. Especially since they had lived in such close proximity. He'd been there all the time, always by Jungkook's side, or at least only a room away... but now he was just gone. It happened more than once that Jungkook actually went looking for Taehyung in the bathroom before realizing that the siren wasn't there anymore.

Tuna gave him a little comfort. The cat started sleeping next to him, as if to fill the empty space Taehyung had left behind, and at least Jungkook had someone to absentmindedly talk to when the quiet just got too much.

Probably in compensation for his apartment being empty, Jungkook finally started spending more time with Eunji again. He spent a good two weeks mostly out of the apartment, only returning in the late evenings that he usually used to play with Tuna. When he wasn't at Eunji's or somewhere with some friends he almost always had the TV running. It helped with the complete silence.

By week three he picked up a habit that was a little useless now that Taehyung was gone. He went back to the beach to sit by the rocks for a few hours maybe once or twice a week. He had really started to miss the peace and quiet a little.

And it did help a little. He could actually focus on his school work out there. The only downside was that it had gotten really cold and even started snowing every once in a while. They had maybe another two weeks left until Christmas and part of Jungkook was a little sad that he couldn't show Taehyung all the Christmas and holiday traditions they had. Snowmen, the way people would decorate everything and the food... it really was quite sad.

About four weeks after Taehyung had left Jungkook got a message from Jimin.

Jimin
Look who's here

Jimin

JiminHe came to visit us for a bit

Jimin
He came to visit us for a bit

Jungkook
How is he doing?

Jimin
He's glowing

Jimin
I remember when I first came on land for a long period of time it drained me so much

Jimin
And I was already used to being on land a lot

Jimin
It's pretty obvious this is good for him

Jimin
Also I'm glad you told him to come back

Jimin
Even with everything that happened between you two

Jimin
And you made him talk

Jimin
Impressive impressive

Jungkook
Seriously happy to hear he's doing well