Chapter 37

Chapter 37

●●●

Jungkook was once again sick. Could have been a surprise, but really, it wasn't. Not when he had been freezing the entire way back, his clothes just a little too wet to be comfortable and the air conditioning not helping in any way.

Although, Jungkook had been a little slow. He hadn't realized that he was sick right when he had gotten up. Instead he'd climbed out of bed, avoiding Taehyung, who was fast asleep with his claws buried deep in the pillow - Jungkook really had to buy a new one soon - before exiting the room. He had also brushed his teeth, gotten dressed and walked downstairs to get the cat, that he kept forgetting existed, some food. It was only when he had to sit down in the kitchen because of just how dizzy he was that he realized that maybe something was wrong.

His throat felt sore, his nose felt awfully clogged up and now that he was actually listening to his body he realized that he was feeling... well, a little feverish. It wasn't the worst. Honestly if it had been a normal week there was a good chance he would have just sucked it up and continued on with his day. At least that was what he usually did when he was sick. Act like it wasn't there until it went away. Wasn't the healthiest, but it worked... most of the time.

But Jungkook didn't have quite the energy that he usually would have had. He was running on maybe four hours of sleep since he'd ended up taking a long bath the day before just to get his body temperature to normal again and when he had finally made it to bed, it had been around three in the morning.

In addition he had not exactly had all the energy in the world in the first place with all that had been happening. And maybe staying home a day to properly rest and get well didn't sound that bad. So instead of preparing breakfast like he had intended he ended up flopping down on the sofa.

"Hey uhm..." He turned around to look for the cat they still had to name. God, he was the fucking worst cat dad in the world. In his defense... it had been a stressful week and theoretically it was Taehyung's cat, not his. Welp, considering that Taehyung was going to leave soon maybe it was his.

"Cat?"

He glanced around but it was nowhere to be seen. Picking up a blanket to wrap around his shoulders he got up again. He was going to find that cat and finally give it some attention. He genuinely felt bad that he'd not gotten around to doing so before.

"Puss puss puss." He was trying not to be too loud, he wasn't trying to wake Taehyung up. He just wanted to get the cat to come to him. Not that it seemed to work because just seconds later he heard the door to his room open. When he looked over he found Taehyung looking at him, still clearly a little sleepy, hair sticking up and eyes and claws still in their natural state as he rubbed his eyes before staring at Jungkook in confusion.

He didn't even have to ask the question that was clearly written on his face. What the hell was Jungkook doing?

"I'm searching for the cat... you haven't seen it by any chance?"

To Jungkook's surprise Taehyung nodded before moving back into the room just to reappear seconds later with the meowing cat in his arms. Maybe Taehyung had actually done his job as an owner, unlike Jungkook, and somewhat bonded with the cat already.

Carefully not to get scratched Jungkook took the cat. The small animal meowed, but actually let itself be lifted without too much trouble. At least Jungkook already knew her... maybe he hadn't really spent time with her since they had picked her up, but he had known her before they had taken her home.

Maybe that bond wasn't for nothing either. "Hey little one. How have you been doing?" Maybe Jungkook deserved it a little when Taehyung snorted in reaction to his baby voice.