Chapter 62

Chapter 62

●●●

"Okay, so I talked to Jimin." Jungkook readjusted his t-shirt as he stepped out of the bathroom, turning to look at Taehyung, who had made himself comfortable on the king size bed in the middle of the hotel room. Just like Jungkook had recommended, he had changed into some different clothes. His blouse had the same bright grey color as his eyes, which made him look even more surreal. Jungkook sure had picked the right things... although he did regret it a little now. Why did he have to turn Taehyung into even more of a thirst trap? He was already struggling enough with his little crush.

Seemingly curious about what Jimin had said Taehyung turned his head to look at Jungkook and sat up a little straighter. Taking that as a sign to keep going, Jungkook moved over to sit on the bed next to Taehyung and continued. "Apparently what we got earlier isn't going to be enough for both of us to get drunk. So I came up with a different idea. I was thinking we could get some more alcohol from the convenience store and sit by the Han river for a bit. Then we'll see how well you and alcohol go together and if you seem fine, we'll go to a bar. How does that sound?"

Almost unconsciously Jungkook reached out to fix Taehyung's hair a little. They looked absolutely beautiful, as usual, but because of the blouse, it felt like they needed to be a bit more... styled. At least if pushing them out of his face could be called styled. Jungkook could feel Taehyung watch his hands curiously, but he didn't stop him.

"Here, that's better. So what do you think? Do you want to go to the Han river? We could also just stay here though. Just drink what we have and watch some TV together. Honestly, I'm up for either." Jungkook quickly reassured. He didn't want to pressure Taehyung into anything he didn't want to do. Taehyung had felt really panicked at that house party. Jungkook didn't want to make him feel like that ever again.

"Han river sounds good." Taehyung eventually answered, his eyes following Jungkook's hands as he dropped them in his lap. After a couple of seconds, he leaned towards Jungkook like Jungkook had done a couple of seconds before and started fixing his hair. Well, rather messing it up, but Jungkook had half expected Taehyung to do that later when he had pushed them back in the bathroom before. Taehyung was carefully destroying his craft again and only seemed content with his art work when Jungkook had most of his hair in his view again.

Jungkook simply had to accept that he was never again going to wear his hair other than his regular messy style. Not that he minded though if Taehyung liked it.

"Good! We could do a little picnic with some snacks too." Jungkook suggested while getting up. He closed their suitcase up again, just to keep his later drunk self from tripping over it and dying because he hit his head on the edge of the bed right after taking a year to befriend the deadly siren living in his apartment. Nope, he wasn't going to have any of that.

They left the bottle of cheap vodka he had bought earlier in the apartment, since he didn't know if taking it into the store would lead to him having to buy it again. Instead, Jungkook got a bottle of whisky, which he was going to give Taehyung (he just seemed like he had to like whisky if anything), and some soju and beer for himself. He also let Taehyung pick some snacks and Jungkook discovered that Taehyung had a hand for making him laugh. Especially when he picked out some fish-shaped pastry and muttered "Seems trustworthy" with a straight face as he handed it to Jungkook. It took Jungkook a whole five seconds to comprehend that Taehyung had just made a joke. When it hit him, it only made him laugh harder though. His reaction got a small smile out of Taehyung before he continued searching the snack aisle. He ended up taking some honey butter chips as well, thanks to Jungkook's recommendation, and some pockys.