Here's my address. So, owl me maybe.

"Wright!"

Maybelle jolted awake in surprise. She looked around with her sleepy eyes, not being able to adjust to the bright atmosphere. When nothing out of the ordinary caught her eyes, she leaned back once again to complete her slumber.

"Merlin! How much do you sleep?"

Maybelle groaned at the loud voice. All she wanted was a peaceful sleep for once. Was it too much to ask for?

"You have your examination in the next ten minutes. Wake up!"

That grabbed her attention. All the memories of last night flooded her hazy mind. She forced herself to open her eyes. Her fingers rubbed off the extra sleepiness from them. She finally noticed Tom standing in front of her with a very disappointed look.

"I'm awake."

"We'll start walking then," he pressed with a warning in his voice.

Maybelle cracked her sore neck and stretched her arms. She cringed at the pain on her shoulders. Throughout the night, she had slept against the cold wall. She was definitely feeling all of it and Tom's feet tapping in front of her was not helping with the situation.

She rolled her eyes and tried to get up. Tried was the keyword. Her whole body froze once she realised that she could not feel her legs. Her wide eyes fell on Tom who was about to explode in anger.

"I can't walk," she said with a dreadful tone.

Tom raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"I...I can't feel my legs, Riddle!" She exclaimed while trying to get up again.

"I cannot believe this! Why are you even here?" He asked while crouching down to her height.

"Why are you here?" She grunted while trying to channel her inner strength and get on her feet.

Tom ignored her rude comment and tried to pull her up on her feet.

"Ow! Slow down, will you. I am a human, not a sack of potatoes!"

"Oh really? I couldn't tell," he deadpanned. The girl glowered at him.

"You know what? I won't give the exams. Leave me be. Let me live in this despair. Go and give your exam while I suffer in agony. Go, Riddle! I will be here, waiting for death to take me away..." Maybelle recited and lifted her hand to her forehead for that extra dramatic flair.

Riddle rolled his eyes, "I can never tell when you are serious and when humorous."

He stared at Maybelle's bored expression. She was really not worried about skipping an exam. His eyes moved down to her tie if you could even call it that. It looked like a dried vine around her collar. Her robes were untidy and her shirt was crinkled. Her hair was a whole another story.

With a defeated sigh, he hoisted her up in his arms without any warning.

"Excuse me, sir! You cannot just pick me up without my consent!" She flailed her arms around.

"Too late, Wright. I already did."

And so the journey began. She almost looked like a wild creature that Tom found in the forbidden forest. Trying to be as subtle as possible, she summoned some breath mints and popped them inside her mouth.

Just before Tom could enter the crowded halls, Maybelle felt the slightest sensation in her feet. That was enough as an energy booster. She leapt out of his arms and steadied on her own two feet. They were wobbly, but they could at least carry her weight.

"Are you completely mental? You could've fallen down the stairs!" Tom exclaimed which only made her roll her eyes. She could understand that he didn't feel anything except anger and hatred but he should at least know that it was not okay to carry girls like that.