9

If Ramona knew anything about running away, it's that you got to make sure you're on the outskirts of a city or town and find an abandon building to sleep inside for the night. Of course you would have to worry about the occasional drug addict, but not sleeping out on the streets every night would be the worser of two evils. Knowing Spinel, she wants to get away from all signs of civilization in general, so she most likely fled near the outskirts of Delmarva.

     Ramona-Elizabeth was in some pretty deep shit. She chi-blocked the leader of the Crystal Gems, most likely angering them all in one go, Steven knew that Spinel was here somewheres in the city, and Ramona didn't know where the hell she was at. Finding Spinel and leaving Beach City is Ramona's top priority right now, and there was no way in hell Mr. Universe and his band of goody two shoes are getting in her way.

     Once Ramona finds Spinel, well if she does, then she'll figure things out from there.
-
     Spinel deadass knew she was in trouble. She disobeyed a Diamonds orders, ran away from her problems, and now she most likely has the entirety of the Crystal Gems plus Ramona-Elizabeth high on her tail. If this day couldn't get any worse, she's most likely going to have to replace her bandages soon.

     Damn, who knew gems could bleed so badly? Spinel didn't, but then again she wasn't a normal gem by any means. If so, then maybe she would've done her job correctly all those years ago.

     A las, she can't look back on her past mistakes now. Spinel's moved on from Pink, and if she has to move on from Ramona, then so be it.

     Spinel slid her way under an abandoned houses' door with her powers. Sometimes flexibility does come in handy, especially when you're just fucking around while fighting a group of gems/people and breaking into people's homes. Spinel took a look at her surroundings and sighed.

     It's quite unfortunate that things had turned out this way for her. If only she had declined the Diamonds' offer to live in their palace, none of this wouldn't have happened. She would've been able to live a semi-peaceful life and maybe...just maybe she could've still became friends with Ramona-Elizabeth, or maybe even more than just friends....Yes..best friends.

     Spinel smiled at the thought of seeing her friend again, but nows not the time nor the place to have any contact with her. She had the Crystal Gems and all of Homeworld to be worried about.

     Eventually nighttime fell across the city, Spinel curled up into a tight little ball on the floor trying to keep warm (even if she didn't have to worry about ever getting cold). She missed Ramona quite a lot.

     Even though Ramona-Elizabeth's a bit stern with her, Spinel knows she means well. At least the one person who she considers to be a friend hasn't locked her away yet or has tried to force her into doing something she didn't want to do. Spinel just chalked it up to her not wanting to repeat past mistakes she had made before coming to Beach City.

      Eventually, Spinel decided to try and sleep, even though she didn't necessarily need it. She knew that tomorrow would be a long day and that she needed to make her way out of Beach City now before the Crystal Gems, the Diamonds, or Ramona-Elizabeth finds her. This may be a hard and difficult task, but Spinel is determined to escape and live her life as a free gem.

     But unfortunately, things don't always work out in the upside down-heart gems favor...
-
It's been a long time since I've last updated this book, and needless to say I'm not impressed on the way things progressed in this chapter. I've had this in the archives for around 3-6 months before deciding to work on it again, the last time I updated this being April. It's November now. You get the memo?

At least, this chapter has finally been completed! It was just so hard to word out each characters point of views, but then again I did take a much needed break from both this book and the Steven Universe fandom itself, so you can't exactly get mad at me here.

Oh, me and an acquaintance of mine, stets_uninu74 , has collaborated on a book for all you hungry Steven Universe fans. It updates every (depending on both of our schedules) Wednesday on both Wattpad and Archive Of Our Own. You all should check it out sometime.

Until then, goodbye!