6

"So, are you staying home with me today, Ramona?" Spinel asked her out of sheer curiosity.

     "Well, I can't exactly leave you here by yourself, judging by how you react whenever I do attempt to leave you alone," Ramona responded as she made her bed, "Besides, I have the day off work, so I'm perfectly fine with being cooped up here with you."

     "Still, you should at least go out and enjoy your day off! I want you to not feel like you're trapped....really..." Spinel fiddled with her bandaged up fingers, "I'm used to being left alone, so please just go out and enjoy your day off....for the two of us."

     "Spinel," Ramona said in a calm, reassuring voice as she rests her hands on her shoulders, "You've been abandoned left and right by so many people for almost your entire existence, especially by those you thought cared about you. I just don't think it's right to leave you alone only for you to have a mental breakdown and start harming yourself again."

    "But don't you have other friends you could hang out with?" Spinel asked the chestnut-haired female, "Aren't you friends with the Crystal Gems? Steven? Connie?"

     "Spinel, I don't consider Steven and his gang of ignorant gems/humans as "friends," they and everyone else, with the exception of you, are all annoying pricks who don't respect anyone's privacy or personal thoughts. Honestly, they're more like acquaintances than they are friends, "Ramona responded as she put her hair up in a low ponytail, "Though now that you mentioned it, I would indeed like to go outside and get some fresh air, that is if you wouldn't mind joining me?"

     "I-I would like to accept your request, b-but I don't think it would be a good idea for me to go outside, especially considering that the Crystal Gems are probably looking for me," Spinel clinged onto a pillow, "They'll probably force me to go back to Homeworld, or maybe they'll banish me from the town....or worse..."

     "Don't worry, Spinel, they won't take you away from me, besides I already came up with a brilliant plan," Ramona-Elizabeth said as she comforted the fuchsia-haired gem, "I just so happen to have a lot of clothes, plus I'm an excellent manipulator: which now that I thought about that really isn't a good personality trait, so I'm sure we can get away with this, and if Steven and the gems just so happens to find out your identity, then I already have a backup plan; one involving bloodshed, the other I plan on keeping to myself."

     Spinel flinched as soon as Ramona mentioned "bloodshed." She did not know that Ramona was the aggressive type, especially in these types of situations. Spinel wondered if this person who she calls her "Best Friend" is even an actual human. Guess only time would tell, though Spinel wouldn't judge if Ramona turned out to not be a human, just hurt that she didn't tell her in the first place.

     "O-Okay, I guess we'll try this plan out, but no bloodshed," Spinel got up and put the pillow down. "I don't want anyone getting hurt, or worse off.....dead."

     Ramona-Elizabeth sighed, "Fine, have it your way, but if things go south then it's all over."

     Spinel hugged the chestnut-haired female. She was indeed grateful that Ramona took her idea into consideration. It's the first time that anyone's ever done that before in her life, well asides from back when she recommended a solution to Stevens problem with getting everyones memories back, though that was just out of sheer desperation to fit in and not get left behind. Spinel finally feels like she's accepted, for now at least.

     "Are you sure this is going to work out?" Spinel asked as she walks around in her brand new disguise, which mostly consists of a pair of blue jeans, tennis shoes, a long sleeved black shirt, and her hair down.