3

A/N: Let's see if I can make it to 160 followers before New Years! Yeah, imma wing it this year. Yeah, I'm really going going for it this time.

     It was yet another sunny morning in Beach City, and our protagonist was waking up from yet another nightmare. Nightmares weren't uncommon for Ramona-Elizabeth. She's had them her entire life, though she does get the occasional dream. Then again, if you were raised in complete darkness, why wouldn't you not have them? The nightmares, on top of Ramona's usual daily struggles did not do any justice to her already badly damaged mental state.

     Ramona got up and looked out the window, staring at the nice view, well if you could looking at the woods instead of the beach.

     "Gosh, Steven is lucky to have such an amazing view and all I have is buildings and an alleyway." Ramona thought before continuing to do her usual morning routine.

     Ramona's outfit consisted of her usual oversized Big Donut tee-shirt with a black long sleeved shirt underneath it, dark blue jeans, and her usual black converse that she kicks the crap out of Kevin with for fun. Yeah, her style hasn't changed much over the years, but at least she has the decency to wear an eyepatch over her right eye, sometimes pinning her bangs back out of her face, though today she just allowed them to fall in her general viewing direction. Ramona would quickly grab her house keys and exited the apartment, locking it behind her and taking the quickest way to work.

     Ramona would arrive to work, usually around 7:00 am, but it appears today that she's fifteen minutes late. Oh well, there was nothing she could do about that. Ramona would open up the donut shop and wait for her co-worker to get there. Ah, just the usual routine for her. Little did she know, all of that was about to change real soon.

     Around 10pm, Ramona would close up the shop and look at the sky. It was raining cats and dogs outside, and boy was she not having any of that.

     "Ah fuck, I forgot my umbrella at home!" Ramona Elizabeth sighed, "I guess I'm going to have to take the alleyway back to my place."

     Ramona would enter the alleyway that led to her apartment, dodging trash cans, garbage bags, and running from the rain in general. Yeah, she lived in the somewhat run down part of Beach City, but that's really her preference choice. Before she managed to get back to her apartment, she noticed something laying there beside the dumpster. Ramona carefully approached the figure, or object, as she didn't know what it was. Ramona saw that it was a fuchsia colored gem, with black tear marks under her eyes, pale pink skin, a badly damaged gem on her chest, dirt and grime all over her figure, and a huge glass shard laying right beside the gem.

    Ramona would notice that the gem injured herself far more than just cracking her gemstone, she cut herself, multiple times all over her arms. Ramona thought about calling Steven over here for a second, but remembering that it was raining and she didn't want her phone to get damaged by the water. Ramona eventually decided to take the gem with her, picking her up and carrying her bridal style to the apartment.

     "It appears that I got myself involved with gems again, what has my life succumbed to? Oh well, might as well try my best to treat her wounds before ringing Steven up in the morning," Ramona thought before opening the apartment door.