8

A/N: Did I just release this months update today? Oh yeah, I did. I got bored of writing It's your turn, Eri! chapter two and decided to write both chapters at the same time, yet this one was a day late. Oh well, what the hell.

     Is this a new book format I'm using? Yes, yes this is indeed a new book format I'm using. Pretty neat, huh?

     Oh, and one more thing to add on; I may or may not be collaborating with several other Wattpad authors on a new book. It really all depends on if we can get things sorted away or not.

     Either way, since uh I'm bored and made some new Into The Bellumverse content on my Instagram account, I might as well send a link there too, because I'm desperate for followers if anyone can't tell already.

     Well, go on, ignore this authors note and continue on with your life. I know that's what most people do, and I don't really give a shit if you do so or not. Just wanted to inform both my readers and followers as to what's going on here. Sayonara!
— 
     Spinel quickly ran away from Ramona-Elizabeth and Steven, hoping they didn't notice that she left them both behind. She didn't want for Steven to notice her, she didn't want to go back to the Diamonds, she didn't want to be locked back in the tower again, waiting for somebody to rescue her. Spinel just wanted to be left alone on Earth with her new friend, attempt to make a nice and easy recovery from her past experiences, maybe even ask her new best friend out on this thing humans call a 'date.'

Unfortunately, Spinel couldn't even accomplish any of those things now that Steven had found her. She knew that if she didn't ran, Steven would've forced her to go back to Homeworld, probably even hurting Ramona-Elizabeth in the process. Spinel just couldn't let another person that she cared about get hurt. She already hurt Pink Pearl when she had left Homeworld for Earth, she's already hurt the Diamonds' feelings too many times to count, she wasn't about to let another person she cared about get hurt for her actions.

     She might have just ruined both her friendships at once because she ran away from her problems, but Spinel isn't exactly the best when it comes to fixing things. She's great at fucking up, though that's just how life works out for her. Unfortunately, she ruined her chances at friendship by running away from her problems, yet again, just because she doesn't have enough strength to tell the Diamonds that she didn't want to live with them on Homeworld anymore.

     Steven, on the other hand, is a complete douche bag, especially now with trying to force her back into an abusive household. Yes, Spinel knows that she's a danger to society, yes she knows that she almost tried to kill him, his planet, and his friends/family, and yes she knew that running away from her problems wasn't going to fix anything, it was just going to gradually make things worse for herself, Ramona, and the people around her.

    Spinel knew that none of this would've happened if she had stayed back in the garden, none of this would've happened if she would've stayed back on Homeworld, none of this wouldn't have happened if she hadn't been created in the first place. Unfortunately, here she is now, in some strange and foreign location on the outskirts of Delmarva, trying to find a place to hide from Steven, Ramona-Elizabeth, and the Crystal Gems. She just needed some space to clear her head, try and figure out what she was going to do next, and maybe, just maybe she could try and live a normal life, hopefully with Ramona-Elizabeth by her side.

     Ah, a fool could only hope for so much.
-
     "Spinel?!?" Ramona freaked out, looking all over the place for the small gem.

     "Well great, now we lost her," Steven let out a frustrated sigh, "This is all your fault, Ramona."

     Ramona had to restrain herself from showing her true self and punching that diamond-human hybrid right in the jaw.

     'How dare he accuse me of making Spinel leave!!? He isn't exactly all so innocent either!'

     "How is this exactly my fault, Steven? You were the one who was trying to pressure Spinel into going back to a place she doesn't feel safe at. Don't play the victim here, Universe, because you aren't exactly a saint either!" Ramona reprimanded him, trying her best to remain both calm and collected, "I've been nothing but kind and supportive of Spinel, hell I offered to help her find a therapist and pay for her medication for fuck sakes!"

     Steven tried his best to keep his composure, but unfortunately his emotions have completely taken over at this point, "You don't know the Diamonds like I do, Ramona! They are genocidal war tyrants who won't hesitate to throw a hissy fit if things don't go out their way! You know nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, about the current situation at hand! You should be grateful that I've at least agreed with you on letting Spinel make her own decision here!"

     "You are not her fucking owner!" Ramona yelled at him, "You think that I don't know what the hell is going on here? Well, news flash, asshole, I know more than you do, and I haven't even been in her life that long!"

     "You are a horrible person, Ramona!" Steven responded, "You're mentally unstable, you can't even make friends without pushing them away, you also have horrible anger issues, you've probably abused Spinel as well, judging by the bandages on her arms, hell you've probably manipulated Spinel to the point where she's afraid to speak up!"

     "Excuse me, but I wasn't the one who was forcing her to do what I want, thank you very much. As for the abuse part, I'm nothing like my parents, unlike you who is Rose Quartz/Pink Diamond reincarnated," Ramona smirked, taking notice that she had managed to get under Stevens skin, "What's the matter, Universe? Did I strike a nerve there, sweetheart? Would you like me to get you a bag of ice to put on that freshly opened wound?"

     As soon as Ramona-Elizabeth made that comment, Steven tackled her to the ground, throwing punch after punch in her direction. Ramona managed to evade the majority of his attack, using her powers to fling him back into the ocean.

     'Screw this shit, I need to find Spinel.' Ramona thought for a second before a shield went flying in her direction, knocking her over.

     There he was, Steven Cutiepie Quartz-Diamond Demayo Universe, in all his glory, all buffed up and covered head to toe in pink. Ramona noted that this must've been some sort of new power he unlocked. Nonetheless, he was going to get his ass handed to him, regardless if she would have to use the full extent of her powers or not.

     Attack after attack, Stevens wraith was endless. Ramona did her best to evade, but due to the fact that she had been out of fighting game for too long, she ended up taking a bit of damage. Thankfully, she could heal herself, but unfortunately if she uses too much of her power, she would end up getting corrupted, and thus she would end up having her body being taken over by the merciless goddess of Hate herself. How unfortunate for her.

     Ramona quickly devised a plan, though said plan would have to involve causing some chaos. She quickly ran away from her attacker, making sure to use her power to destroy a couple of buildings, covering up her tracks in the process. Steven had the upper hand here, she knew this, but he had clearly underestimated her intelligence.

     Once Steven managed to catch up to her, Ramona snuck up behind him and chi-blocked him, rendering most of his powers useless. Steven went down right after, his skin flickering from normal to pink. Ramona used this opportunity to make a run for it, hoping that she would run into Spinel somewhere, and maybe, just maybe the two could find a way out of this mess.

     'Only one way to find out.'