10

It was daytime yet again and Spinel was no wheres to be found. Steven and his friends searched all over the city for her, running into Ramona-Elizabeth on the way whom they reluctantly captured for answers. As soon as dusk hit, Steven went back to the temple and into their man-made prison area where Ramona-Elizabeth was kept.

     The frail, chestnut haired girl was surely a sight to be seen in Steven's eyes. She was able to outsmart and outmaneuver him until she ran out of stamina due to either the lack of sleep or food deprivation.

     Ramona-Elizabeth has always looked a bit malnourished to Steven. Even as a kid when he saw her pick up trash around the city she looked too underweight for the average teenager. Steven always just assumed that she had a high metabolism or she was anorexic, but to his surprise she was just an average teenager...until she somehow managed to make it to where he couldn't temporarily use his powers.

     Chi-blocking is what it was called; an ancient form of Dim Mak used to prevent a person from using their powers or rendering the muscles useless. Where on earth did she learn how to do such a feat is beyond Steven's knowledge.

     Ramona-Elizabeth smirked as Steven sat down in a chair outside her prison, crossing his arms as he stared down at the sixteen year old. Steven was desperate for answers now as to where Spinel is, and Ramona-Elizabeth is going to tell him exactly what he needed to know.

     "Where's Spinel?" Steven asked the pale girl in a stern tone.

     Ramona shrugged her shoulders, "Well I don't know how to answer your question, Steven. I was out looking for her when you and your merry band of assholes took me against my will and threw me in here!"

     Steven sighed before asking her again, "Where's Spinel?"

     Ramona-Elizabeth smirked, "Up your tiny asshole."

     "This is not a joke, Ramona!" Steven's skin turned bright pink, "This is a matter of finding Spinel, your friend! My friend!"

     "Well if you truly did consider Spinel to be 'your friend,' then you would've listened to her and not force her to go back to a place she doesn't want to go back to. For someone whose notoriously known for being an understanding person, you really don't respect anyone else's opinions that aren't your own," Ramona-Elizabeth responded before focusing her gaze onto the wall in front of her, "She's been hiding out with me these past couple of months fearing for her life because of you and the Diamonds. Honestly, I can see why she doesn't want to be found; you don't give her much of a choice on what she wants to do with her life."

     Steven's eyebrow was raised, "What did me and the Diamonds do to her?"

     "Hm...I really don't know why she's afraid of you. Perhaps it could be some pretty bad dreams she's been having lately of you taking her away from me or maybe it's because you tried to force her to go back to her abusers," Ramona-Elizabeth's gaze was back onto him, "As a person who originally came from an abusive household in a distant universe, I do recognize all the signs of someone who is being abused. I guess from what I've heard about how the Diamonds mistreated Pink, they could've been doing the same to Spinel."

     Steven's pink hue died down a bit as he suddenly came to the realization of what the Diamonds were doing to Spinel, "So...that's why she left Homeworld?"

     Ramona-Elizabeth nodded, "If you somehow manage to find Spinel, don't force her back to Homeworld, instead get her checked into a therapist and let her stay with me for a bit. She feels more comfortable in my presence than she does in yours or anyone else's."

     "I am so sorry for not realizing this anytime sooner!" Steven said in a sincere tone as he gripped onto his pants tightly.

     "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to, Steven, Spinel is. If you're going to find her, then you're going to have to require my help," Ramona-Elizabeth stood up and dusted her pants off.