"Alpha, please calm down," the doctor said, his hands raised up. "I just wanted to know if she was awake all night-"

"She was awake, I'm pretty sure the whole pack could hear her last night," Dean's voice said behind me. I turned around and glared at him.

"Get back downstairs!" I growled out.

He kept a firm face. "I wanted to see if she's alright-"

"Dean you need to get away now," I warned.

"I care about her too-"

"I don't care if you're her friend, her guard or my fucking delta! You get the hell away from my mate now!" My Alpha tone laced my words thickly. For a split second, it appeared that Dean was going to ignore an order, however, I watched as his eyes were no longer determined, he cowered down and obeyed, knowing that he had no choice but to listen.

"I'll be downstairs," he muttered, leaving as he bowed his head in respect.

The room was cleared, once the doctor was finished and it was just me and Valerie.

I sighed heavily, wondering how long she would be out for.

Two more days of heat was left, would she wake up before the days ended or would she sleep entirely through it?

"You're gonna be fine," I whispered to her, my hand was entwined with hers;  electric currents coursing through me. "You'll wake up soon."

I just didn't know how long soon would be...

Valerie

As soon as my eyes opened, I knew I wasn't awake; I was still asleep. It was weird to know that you were still asleep but in a dream state of consciousness.

My surroundings were not familiar as I wasn't in my room, in fact, it didn't even look like I was in the present-day but yet at some point in the past, centuries into the past.

I sat up and took in my surroundings, I was in a small room that had an endless amount of wooden beams along with the ceiling. The room was pitch black and I could barely see anything, it felt dusty as if no one had cleaned in such a long time. As I stood up, my body felt drained and tired. I couldn't feel the constant burns and pains of heat. I was numb and cold.

As I blinked, black dots danced in my vision and it wasn't until I focused that I realised they weren't black dots but purple eyes.

I could hear indistinct whispering. The words and sounds all blurred together, each voice was different. Some were deep and low, and some were higher and nasally. Together, the voices sounded like a deafening mess.

The purple eyes continued to stare at me, as the whispering got louder and louder until I could make out a few words.

"Learn his past!"

"Understand the man behind the beast!"

Those two phrases were chanted repeatedly in my head, and out loud.

It was agonising to hear such repetitiveness, I raised my hands to cover my ears; feeling as though they were about to bleed. My hands didn't block the voices, they still continued to project, getting louder and louder.

"LEARN HIS PAST!" One voice screamed.

"UNDERSTAND THE MAN BEHIND THE BEAST!"

"ALRIGHT!" I screamed out, unable to take any more of the repeated words. Suddenly the voices stopped chanting and I no longer saw multiple pairs of eyes staring at me, but one singular pair.

"Leave the room, Valerie, start the journey," it seemed that the singular pair of eyes was the voice behind the words. I watched as the eyes blinked and then faded away.