Chapter 4 (Jean's POV)

I woke up tired as hell. I did the usual mourning stretch that feels like heaven to everyone. I sat up on the bed staring at the wall in front of me for 3 minutes and noticing that the day light still looked pretty dim. Like it wasn't mourning yet. I looked at my alarm clock noticing it was only 4 am. What the hell? Why did I wake up so early? not like I'm complaining, these days felt weird to me. I actually had time to get ready and ready my conscious for school. I sat up and took a quick shower.  I stripped out of my clothing turning on the warm water and once it was hot enough I hopped right in. I grabbed the shampoo and started to scrub it in my hair. While doing so my thoughts ran while I was in the shower. Marco and Armin were really hyped up about the battle of the band thing. They're such nerds oh my god. I chuckled a bit to myself.

I was honestly shocked on what Jaeger told me yesterday. I don't think we're both going to remain calm while practicing with each other. One of us is probably going to go through a fit one way or the other. After my shower I stepped out grabbing my blue robe and putting it on and slipping on my flip flops on. I sighed going down stairs and fixing myself a coffee while drying my hair off with the towel around my neck. 

I grabbed my coffee walking to the couch and sitting down. I took the remote and pressed the button turning on the tv. At this time it was already 6 am I had enough time til I had to go to school today. I watched the news hearing about recent cases of murders, kidnappings etc. This city really isn't  safe at all. It's honestly kind of scary knowing that I live in a town full of fucking psychopaths and then there is Marco and Armin. They don't belong anywhere in this town at all.

I sighed and continued watching the news and getting lost in my thoughts til I realized something. What time is it? I looked at the clock across the room. "7:46.... I have what is it.... 4 minutes til 7:50 then 10 minutes til 8 and then 15 minutes so I could get in the car and pick up Marco which makes about...14+15 is 29 minutes. Right?........... yeah 29 minutes. " I got up and put the cup away in the sink  and went to my room quickly getting changed and fixing my hair. I then grabbed my bag and ran down stairs putting on my shoes and grabbing my keys and I was about to run out til I heard "Jeannie! come give your mother a goodbye kiss!" I groaned and walked over to the kitchen "really?" I asked as she pointed to her cheek and I sighed and walked over pecking her cheek with a kiss. "can I go now mom?" I asked " not until you say I love you" she smiled as rubbed my eyes annoyed with one hand and sighed again "fine, ... I love you" I said as she smiled and pulled my down to kiss my forehead. 

"OW!" I yelled as she let go of me. "aggressive much?" I said as she chuckled "oh quiet, now get your but to school" she said smiling widely as I smiled softly back " alright, bye mom" I waved as she waved back and I left the house. I unlocked the car and hopped in putting my seat belt on and then leaving. I eventually pulled up to Marco's place and honked the horn as I saw Marco open the door but he paused and turned back. It looks like he was talking to someone. He then waved and walked out closing the door behind him and opening the car door and entering. "Morning" he said with a smile. "Yo" I said back and started driving off. The car ride was subtle, we made small talk the drive there and talked about homework so nothing special. 

We pulled into the parking lot as we both exited the car and walked over to the entrance of the school. " you need to be careful next time" That voice sounded like Mikasa. Was she worried about something? I looked at Marco and saw he had the same confused look as I did. We peered from the side of the building and saw Armin and Mikasa looking  at someone with a worried expression. I moved a bit to get a better view of who this person was and it was none other than the one and only Jaeger.

Marco walked over to them and I followed sighing. Who did this dumb ass fight again? "hey is everything oka-" Marco paused and so did eye once we got a closer look at Eren. "what happened?" I asked. Eren had bruises on his arms and face and what looked like a broken nose. I was honestly kind of worried because Eren was a decent fighter, he wouldn't be this fucked up unless he got jumped by a group. " I got jumped horse face, could everyone just leave me alone I have a head ache" he said walking off. Looks like he lost the fight, he doesn't get like this unless he was humiliated. 

"Eren!" Mikasa yelled trying to follow him until Marco caught her hand " leave him be" He said with a soft smile " he needs a moment alone" He told her as she sighed giving up knowing he was right. We all ended up hearing the bell and going to class and we split ways. I made it to my first period class and went to Algebra. The whole day went smoothly and after lunch I went to art class. We had a project and it was to draw someone. It was just some random person on the street or at home it didn't really matter. As long as you got the work done.  I thought of maybe asking Marco if he wasn't busy but he probably was. Oh wait, he was, he was getting stuff ready in Armin's garage so they'd decorate it for our 'practice space' I chuckled thinking about it. Those two really are nerds. 

But the rest of the day was fine, days like this are seriously really weird. I wake up to many hours early, Jaeger acted different today which meant I didn't have any real problems today. But to be honest I was kind of concerned. What the fuck happened to him? Whatever I can't think about that shit right now I have so much fucking homework to do. I'll just go get a coffee and work on it in a cafe. I decided that was the best option and I went alone since Marco was busy. I drove to the local cafe in about 5 minutes and parked outside. I walked through the doors and the smell of coffee hit me like a bus but to be honest I enjoyed it. I walked in fully and felt the warm air around engulf my body after being outside in the fall like weather. 

I sighed and heard a familiar voice "I've got a Pumpkin spice latte for Gunther" I looked up to the voice as my eyes widened a bit " that's me" the man said standing up and walking over to get his coffee. "Eren?" I said confused as he looked over at me and froze "You work here?! since when?!" I yelled as he looked a bit annoyed to see me. "Fuck...out of anyone to walk through those doors it had to be horse face..." He groaned as I scowled.

 Okay well damn if you're that  annoyed to see me here then I'm gonna make your work life miserable.......