Chapter 9 (Jean's POV)

As the school day finished I had no other classes yet, It was time to head to Armin's place to get a little practice in. I packed my things and noticed my bag seemed...emptier? than usual. I looked at all my items and thought out loud to myself though, biology textbook, algebra text book, pride and prejudice for English, history book and-" I gasped realizing. MY SKETCH BOOK ISN'T IN HERE!! I was retracing my steps from when I last used it. I checked the cafeteria, the lost and found, I asked a bunch of my friends and classmates and then it hit me- THE CAFE! I LEFT IT WITH JAEGER FUCK MY LIFE! I sprinted out of the school past the crowded hall ways filled with kids talking about hanging out later, homework, drugs, sex etc. all the bull shit people in high school think is cool nowadays. As soon as I ran out those doors I heard Marco call my name "Jean! over he-" "NOT NOW MARCO I'LL TALK TOYOU AT ARMIN'S " I shouted and continued to run away. 

I passed by the busy streets, sprinted through the corners, sidewalks and people in my why before I eventually made it to the cafe and swung the doors open "JAEGER!" I yelled as the whole entire cafe turned their attention to me. " Um.... I'm sorry sir b-but Eren clocked out already"  the barista said as I rubbed my temples and groaned " FUCK!" I yelled and ran out calling Eren. " PICK UP PICK UP PICK UP PICK U-" "hello?" I heard Eren's voice answer the call " WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?! WHERES MY SKETCH BOOK?" I yelled as I heard a snicker on the other end "at Armin's place~ I brought it with me Jean don't worry" He responded before I heard "you're really talented Jean" FROM MIKASA!! I blushed so hard I stopped walking and calmed down immediately and rubbed the back of my neck " o-oh thank you..." I said softly before I heard a gag and Armin speaking " hey Eren that isn't nice" " DO YOU HEAR THIS SIMP?" Eren retorted before busting up into laughter causing me to blush ten times harder as I groaned and ended the call. I sprinted over to the others house as quickly as I could to stop this torturous feeling of knowing they're looking through my sketchbook. 

I continued to sprint until I eventually made it to the outside of Armin's house panting and sweating like hell before banging on his garage door "JAEGER! GIVE ME BACK MY FUCKING SKETCH BOOK!" I yelled letting anger envelope my body that when Armin opened the garage door he smiled and raised his hand " hey Je-" I sprinted in tackling Eren not letting him finish. Eren grunted as his back hit the ground and I punched him in the face " YOU ASS!" I yelled as Armin ran over with Marco and pulled me off as Eren yelled back " WHAT THE FUCKS YOUR DEAL?!" and stood up quickly punching me in the stomach but since my arms were held back I couldn't exactly punch him so with my legs free and kicked his face back " JEAN! EREN! STOP!!" Armin yelled, I couldn't quite tell his emotions, it wasn't anger nor sadness. I think it was more worrisome? Regardless Mikasa stood and held Eren back as she told Eren " calm down! " She didn't spare one glance at me. Eren shouted after back at me " WHAT'S YOUR DEAL?! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS OVERREACT?" "OVERREACT? YOU WERE LOOKING THROUGH MY PRIVACY!" "IF IT WAS SO PRIVATE WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE IT OUT IN THE OPEN LIKE THAT?" Eren retorted as I growled and snatched my hands out of Armin's and Marco's grip "fuck it I'm not staying here. Not while this bitch is here. I'm out " I said turning to go home " BITCH? OKAY PUSS-" Mikasa covered Eren's mouth as I scoffed and walked home. 

Marco ran up to me and grabbed onto my wrist "Jean! wait!" he yelled as I snatched my hand away " I'm not fucking quitting I just need to cool down before things get worse okay?!" I yelled before continuing to walk off. This time Marco didn't try to  stop me. I heard a little more arguing and as I reached the end of the street I turned to see Marco standing there and watching me leave. He is such a good friend I honestly don't deserve him....

Eventually when I reached home I sighed and set my sketch book and my bag down falling onto my bed as I sighed. I thought to myself 'Did I over react?' I might have but I personally get really insecure when people look at my art. It isn't the best so that's why. I still need a lot of practice. That's when I realized something and I shot up grabbing my sketch book looking at every single page backwards to find out the little runt didn't damage my sketchbook. I sighed in relief but as I made it to the the front page the very first one. You know where a lot of people write their names so you can return it. I wouldn't say damaged but I saw a post it note and on it, it read:

"Damn horse face, for someone so annoying you actually got skill. These are impressive. Keep it up -Eren" 

I paused reading this as my eyes softened, even though the runt insulted me on  the post it  note I started to feel a sense of..... guilt?........oh god.... Never mind that isn't the point, I got straight to work on my art class project. I continued to think my actions over today and guilt riddled me as its fool. UGH! WHY DO I FEEL SO BAD?! I think it's because we were so close to actually being friends too. We had a legitimate conversation today too at the cafe. Things were actually were actually going ri-

I paused hearing I got a notification, around 1 am? whos up at this time besides me? I sighed and checked the text and saw it was from Jaeger....

Eren: " Hey, Look I'm sorry I know that was your privacy and I shouldn't have looked through your privacy..."

I starred at the text as my eyes softened trying to decide on what to reply with before just responding with 

Jean: "yeah but I also kind of over reacted so that's my fault too" 

Eren: "fuck yeah you did you ass hole! my jaw still hurts!"

Jean: "I'm sorry!! But I wanna try working on being friends okay? "

Eren: "Wait huh?"

Jean: "??"

Eren: " nvm I understand, lets try"

Jean: "good, now I'mma head to bed I'm so tried "

Eren: "alright, night horse face"

Jean: "night fuck head"

With that I put my phone down and smiled softly gathering my items to put them away in my bag. I stood from my desk and walked over to my bed before slipping under the covers and laid down resting my head against the pillow as my eyes fluttered closed and I eventually knocked out. At least the guilty feeling sort of went away so the pressure on my chest disappeared.

Eren's Pov 

"be friends?...... I thought we already were but we just had a few quarrels..... did he really not see me as his friend all this time?"