Chapter 14 ( Jean's POV)

I was standing beside Eren who was sleeping on the couch right before me. Man did he look fucking exhausted... Mikasa stepped right next to me and looked down at Eren with softened eyes feeling absolutely terrible, I could already tell she was internally blaming herself for not being able to keep that promise to his mother when it came to protecting Eren. She didn't cry but you can tell that guilt resided in her internally. We all starred at Eren, At the only to places that Eren had shown signs that he had been attacked, his wrists and his neck. I had both of my hands on my hips but after a while of starring I placed one hand on my eyes and rubbed them as I sighed for a second... before I groaned, my hand fell from my eyes to my mouth as I covered it. I starred at Eren once more before then caressing my beard. I shook my head in disappointment, not towards Eren but more so on what had happened to Eren, I can't believe someone would do such a thing to him... I looked over to Armin seeing him searching for something in his bag as I cocked a brow curious as to what he was doing so I turned and asked " what are you doing Armin?" as he pulled out a hair clip. He uses it to keep his bangs out the way.

He walked over to Eren's sleeping body as he knelt down and started to pick at the handcuffs and got them unlocked! We all watched as marco smiled cheering Armin quietly. Mikasa and I watched amazed because woah- we didn't know Armin was a lock picker. That can be useful for future reference... he took off the handcuffs and placed them down on the table. We all sighed in relief thankful for Armin's talents. Mikasa now went to go grab the first aid kit in the bathroom. When arriving back she knelt down in front of Eren and slowly begun to bandage him up as he was still asleep. Damn he is one heavy sleeper... or so I thought. I said this out loud in fact " Damn, he is one heavy sleeper..." I said softly. "He doesn't really get the chance to sleep much" Armin said softly.

I looked at him confused "huh? Does he stay up all night? Why the hell does he do that to himself?! That slob" I said as Armin replied to my comment "his family screams a bunch at Night it's kind of hard to sleep through that" he said in reply. I paused hearing the others words as I went silent feeling ashamed of myself for assuming something so quickly. I looked at Eren again and those eyebags do speak for themself honestly. "Scream like screaming matches against him or family feuds?" I asked. As he sighed " both? I guess but sometimes he stays by my place to just get away from it" I said. Mikasa nodded and looked at me "don't tell him we told you this though. You too marco" she added him in as marco nodded " of course, secrets safe with me" he said. Armin and Mikasa nodded as Eren stayed asleep for the duration of the night. "I have an idea! Armin! Is it okay if we have a collective sleepover here?" Marco asked as Armin looked at him "oh- um... I don't think my grandma or grandpa mind. I'll just go ask but why so sudden?" He asked him "to stay with Eren and it's also fun. Why not?" He asked as I nodded " yeah I mean that doesn't sound to bad to be honest" I said.

Armin came back to the garage after asking with grandparents and confirmed it was okay. We all had a smile as Mikasa asked "what are we gonna wear though? We don't have anything" she said as Marco suggested " we can go shopping For like snacks and pj's while Jean and Armin stay back to take care of Eren." He said as Armin perked up " I wanna go...  you guys don't even know what snacks I like let me come with!" He protested as all three of us had question marks pop out our heads since Armin never protests like this? He looked at marco and nodded his head trying to signal something as Marco perked up " oh! Um.. yeah sure Armin come with" he smiled as I perked up now "Wha?! What about me??" I asked  as Mikasa said " you have to take care of eren. You know how he is. He might run away" she said bluntly "text us what you want Jean! Bye!" Armin smiled as they left through the garage door and I could hear them start the car and enter before driving off.

I sighed leaning against the bean bag chair waiting... and waiting... and waiting. It's been 2 hours what is there deal?? I looked over at Eren who was still asleep. I looked at his injuries... poor thing didn't deserve this. Even if he's an ass hole and we don't always get along I don't hate him. I always say I do but I don't mean it. To keep myself busy though I played iMessage games with Connie and Sasha. I always win since they're stupid as shit. I was playing until I heard a little groaning. I flinched because is there a ghost?? Wtf? I looked around until I realized it was Eren. I blushed embarrassed and looked at him. He looked scared... but he was asleep. He was trembling a little and was a bit shaken. I slowly walked over and knelt beside him brushing a bit of his hair out the way. His hair definitely grew a little since the first time I met him. He shivered under my touch.

I don't know what came over me but I placed my hand on his cheek. He was Ice cold. I looked around and grabbed the nearest blanket I could find and covered his Body with it quickly. Why was he so cold? I turned on the heater Armin had put in his garage to keep Eren warm. I was worried about him. I've never been this worried about anyone but it maybe because of what he just experienced? Yeah it's definitely that nothing else. Yeah... I looked back at him and some hair strands were in his face. I quickly brushed them away so he could relax before getting up to go back to the bean bag. I felt a hand grab onto the back of my shirt though gently. I paused and looked back to see Eren still very much unconscious grabbing on. My eyes widened when I stumbled over one of the cable wires that was on the floor as I fell on my ass hard on the floor. I flinched and clenched my teeth to not let out a loud groan because that hurt!!  But I didn't wanna wake up Eren.

Though I froze when I felt Eren unconsciously wrap his arms around me and pull me into a gently hug. I was on the floor still sat up so his arm was around my neck/face really but the hug didn't hurt. I glanced back. He's still snoozing. But I didn't dare move- not one inch. The heater was making me DIE IT WAS SO HOT IN HERE! Not to mention erens arm and the position I was sitting in was so uncomfortable!!

Yet still....... I didn't move.... I really like this hug it felt unexplainably nice...