𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙣

chapter ten
cheers to family
meetings

𝘞𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥

THE FIRE CRACKLED in front of the two adults. It was midnight in the apocalypse.

Five wasn't getting much sleep, always sitting up and writing equations on the walls of the old library.

Belle laid down on the ground, tucking her hands as her pillow while she gazed her eye to the book in front of her.

Reading over the pages was Checker's entries. Here and there the dates were split into years. Nineteen-fifty nine, nineteen-sixty five, or nineteen-seventy three.

Each passage was written in cursive and the ink looked a little faded. But it was easily read.

One entry stuck to her. A person of the name of Checkers was written on the bottom of the page.

"Time is a fickle." Belle whispered under her breath as she scanned the page, "she wasn't meant to be here. Destiny has taken her to other places, time to be exact. I miss her dearly.. but it was for the best. I miss you Belle Fellro."

-checkers

It was short then the rest of the pages. This page holds one significance.

"Checkers," Belle mumbled while she closed the entries and hugged it to her chest. Her eyes where focused on Fives back as he continued writing down equations, "I wonder who that could be."

TAKING OUT THE folded letter. Belle and Five darted their eyes over each other before walking towards the building.

Fives hands where in his pockets whilst Belle held onto his arm. "He can give you answers to go back." She noted plainly as the words whirled out of her mouth.

The boy bobbed his head from downwards to up. "Yeah." He answered back shortly before pressing the button for an elevator to arrive.

It was quick, the ride arrived shortly and the two partners entered.

Once they were both settled in the elevator, Five presses the button to go to the top floor.

The door began to close completely, almost locking them in place before they were stopped.

Peeking her eyes up Belle saw one of the Hargreeves siblings. "Wait up," Diego mumbled before arriving inside the elevator.

"Hold it." Allison appeared as she walked in. Shortly after, all the siblings started to pile in, one by one before they where complete. Each one squishing in to fit in the tight space.

A smirk arose on Belle's lips as she looked over to her husband.

"Good." Five grinned as he acknowledged his siblings' appearances, "we're all here."

The doors then continued to close, they then began their slow journey to the top of Southland Life.

Belle tapped her food on the floor as she waited for the top floor to finally arrive.