𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

chapter eleven
the helpless child

𝘛𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳

SHE GULPED her saliva down her throat as she shifted uncomfortably under the many looks she has been receiving.

Old man Hargreeve's reached down on his pocket blazer to retrieve a newly folded paper before throwing it on the table.

It landed in front of her just a few inches away. When she didnt make any move to take hold of it the man scoffed.

"What are you waiting for? Christmas won't come any sooner."

Belles brows wrinkled in fury, but she complied either way. Her hands were shaky as she held the paper in her hands.

Quickly unfolding the wrinkly paper, it had her face plastered on with her full name on top.

BELLE FELLRO
LAST SEEN ON
NOVEMBER DURING A GALA

IF YOU HAVE SEEN HER
PLEASE CONTACT US WITH
THE NUMBER BELOW

xxx - xxxx

"Oh no." Belle gasped and held the paper with an immense grip.

"Wh-whe-where did you find this. How and why?" She questioned the old man. Belle wanted to slap her forehead for stuttering like an idiot.

"You didnt know? They plastered it all over Texas!" He answered in amusement, "trying to find their helpless girl, in which she has left her family. Again."

A little grin plastered on his lips as he tapped his pen onto his notebook. "A lot of secrets you have been hiding. Your family has a lot of dark secrets. Care to share what they have been up to for the past three years?"

Biting down on her lip. The beauty started to crumple the paper together before shooting it to Reginald, hitting his forehead instead of his monocle.

She gave him a hard glare before spitting her words. "What my family is doing is none of your, or my, business."

Belle felt the tug on her sleeve. Her husband was pulling her to sit back down. To control her feelings.

Giving Mr. Hargreeve's one last look, Belle obligated to sit down.

"Stop thinking about it." Five whispered to her ear while he rubbed his thumbed over her shoulder.

"Thinking about what?" She asked him clearly not in the mood for one of his pep talks.

The boy in the uniform rolled his eyes. "About the Fellro's, look we'll figure it out."

"You fancy yourself a do-gooder?"

Belle and Five's eyes were quickly glanced over to Diego and Reginald as the old man began to rile his words onto the boy.

"What is he—"

"Shh." The boy hushes the girl.

"This is a fantastic delusion.. sad reality is that you are a desperate man, tragically unaware of his own insignificance! Desperately clinging onto his own ineffectual reasons. A man in over his head."