Chapter 12

We had just arrived in Miami this morning and Ally was already inviting the girls over. I had no problem with them coming but I didn't have the energy to deal with all the craziness that comes with them.

I head a car door shut as I laid in my bed staring at my ceiling. The house lit up with different voices and I laughed to myself. These girls don't know how to keep it down. I heard a stampede of foot steps running up the stair and I thought this would be the perfect time to act like I'm asleep. After all I was tired but I had too much on my mind.

I grabbed my blanket and wrapped it around me and faced the opposite direction of my door and waited.
The door creaked and I head Ally's soft voice
"Hey Y/N, the girls are here"
No response.
"Is he really asleep" I heard Mani say very faintly.
"I guess so" Ally replied

I heard the door shut and the feet trail off into another room. Just as I was about to turn around I felt someone sit next to me on my bed. I turned slowly as if I had just woken up and cocked one eye open to see that it was my favorite pair of green eyes.

"Good morning sunshine" She said with a tight lipped smile.
"Good morning" I replied back while I rubbed my eyes.
"How'd you sleep?" She asked
"It would've been better if you were next to me" I said. Even thought I was truly asleep. I wanted nothing more but for Lauren to stay next to me all day.
She giggled at my comment.

"How was school today? What did I miss" I asked Lauren as she propped herself up against the backboard of my bed as I did the same.
"Honestly, you didn't miss really anything. Just a new art project." Lauren said. She put her hand on my thigh
"But the more important question is, how are you doing" she asked while looking at me with weary eyes, unsure of if she should've asked.
I took a deep breath in "I'm okay"
"Y/N" she looked at me now knowing I just lied to her.

"Okay okay. It's hard. But I'm trying to hold it together as best as I can because where is crying going to get me? It won't bring her back and it wouldn't have prevented this all from happening" I said now lowkey getting angry with myself.

Just as Lauren was about to respond to my rant we heard Dinah yelling from down the stairs "Lauren were leaving to go to a party let's go!"
I giggle at Dinahs loud self while Lauren just rolled her eyes.
"I'll see you later?" She said while giving me a kiss on the cheek "yeah I'll see you later" I smile back.

__________________
It's been a whileeee, I think? I hope y'all are doing awesome and I was honestly amazed to see this got 2K reads. I'm lowkey proud. Y'all stay safe!!❤️