Chapter 3

Y/N POV

As I'm sitting in my seat on the plane I was suddenly nudged. I was just assuming it was an accident so I kept my eyes closed. I got nudged again, finally deciding to open my eyes I was met with a pair of dark brown ones. "Hi um sorry to wake you but we landed and I notice you were still here sleeping so I thought I would wake you up" she rambled. I chuckled. "Well thank you for waking me, I truly appreciate it" I smiled at her. Out of no where my mouth reacted faster then my brain "What's your name" I said to the brown eyed girl. I was kind of In shock as to why I did that but seeing as we were both on a non stop flight to Miami maybe she lived here too. "Camila, what's your name?" She asked me "Y/N" "do you live in Miami" she questioned. I took a deep breath and looked at all the people around me who were still getting their luggage. "I'm just now moving here" I said with a large smile. Then her hand came up and her palm was flat "hand me your phone so I can give you my number" Camila said, I obeyed. She typed in the digits quickly and all of a sudden the plane doors opened and people started to spill out one by one. I looked back at her and asked her if she had luggage on the plane I could grab for her. She told me that her bags were at baggage claim. I nodded in agreement and we both stood up and walked off together.
We got to baggage claim and grabbed our luggage and bid our goodbyes, her making me promise that I'll text her later.

1 hour later

I was picked up by Uber at the airport per my decision. The driver told me we were about 15 minutes away from the house and I was starting to get nervous again. My hand was visibly shaking. Which is odd considering I've played Infront of college scouts who were actually critiquing me. I've played in packed stadiums where the pressure was at the most high. Something about this new beginning had me in a frenzy. I was watching the drivers GPS and looked out the widows when I saw this gigantic house to my right.

(This is the house from All American but I thought y'all would like a visual)

As we pulled into the drive way I noticed there was a red mustang parked out front, that must be Ally's car I assumed. I was still observing the outside of the house I didn't even notice the front door opened and three faces were smiling so wide at me through the tinted window of the vehicle.
I opened the door and as soon as I stepped out I was greeted with the shortest most happy go lucky woman I've ever met in my life. The hug she gave me felt like I was about to pop. Then I overheard and mans voice say "Mija calm down a bit he just got here" It was her dad. I smiled at him saying "I haven't had a hug like this in a long time" her mother gave me a sad smile. Then we were all in a group hug. We all let go of eachother and I proceeded to go to the trunk and grab my luggage, Ally insisting on helping me even thought I only had my backpack and one suit case and a mini duffel bag with my old highschool logo on it.
I gazed around the house as I walked inside. It was absolutely gorgeous.
This was definitely an upgrade coming from section 8 housing in Louisiana. My thoughts were cut short when Ally's mother told us all to go upstairs so I could see my new room. they opened the door for me and my eyes started dwelling with tears.

Never in my 18 years of living have I ever had my own bed, my own bedroom

Never in my 18 years of living have I ever had my own bed, my own bedroom. I would always have to share with my mom or sleep on the floor. Some nights we didn't have a place to sleep. Uncle Jerry slung his arm around my neck and said "it's all yours buddy" lord knows how many times I said thank you to them all, I hugged them so tight I didn't want to let go. They let go of me and told me they would give me privacy to get settled in. I closed the door and sat on my new bed. I pulled out my phone and texted Camila.