This is a Boss Battle?

He sat and waited for what seemed like ages. The ticking from a nearby clock rang in his ears. His hands were getting sweaty and he started to breathe a little faster. Great now his ADHD was acting up. His impatience tended to get worse when that happened.

He jumped when the elevator door slid open to reveal a winded 10-year-old holding a red box in her hands.
"Sorry, I'm late. Mom and dad used the tubes so I had to jump the fence in the backyard and go around" he laughed at the thought of his little sister having climb over the fence without getting spotted. She handed him the box before flopping down on the couch. He smiled and opened the lid.

Inside the box was a silver and purple racing suit, a helmet, and a large wrist band. He ran his finger over the embroidery on the left side of the chest area.

Rev

"What is it?" She asked curiously.

...

"Ray's suit... give me a minute okay. I'll be right back" he responded in a distant tone.
She did nothing but nod.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Obsidian smiled as his men finished loading their guns. He hilted his own before walking over to the edge. All those people. So brave yet so foolish. He would set off the bomb regardless, money or no money. It didn't matter. They would never catch him anyway. Some people would call him insane, hell even some of his braver men would say he was bonkers right to his face. So brave yet so foolish. He glanced up as a helicopter flew by shining a light right into his eyes.

He couldn't help but laugh. As the whirring of helicopter blades filled his ears the flash of four neon colours caught his eye.

He was filled with unconditional joy when four hot rods rolled up.

Everything was coming together.

-_-_-_-_-

George plopped down onto the couch and sighed as Mara put her briefcase into the shoe closet. He reached over and plucked one of the grocery flyers off the coffee table and opened it, with a sigh he began to flip through it gingerly.

Mara removed her jacket and placed it on the rack as she pulled her long blonde hair out from its pony. She grabbed the hairbrush off of the hall table as she passed it and slowly she combed the knots and small mats out of her hair. She put the brush down when she was done and made her way towards the hall, she stopped the basement door and reached into her pocket...
Wait.

"George honey, do you know where I put the basement keys?" She called back to the living room.
"No. Maybe check the bedroom." He called back, his voice was curt and monotone.
She simply shrugged and moved to leave the hall towards the stairway when...

Scratch

...

She spun around on the spot and stared as the door swung open and slammed against the wall. She steadied herself, placing her left foot before her right, and squared her shoulders, raising her hands in the air and balled them into fists...

...A large German Shepherd hopped up the stairs and padded out into the hallway. He noticed her and pranced over wagging his tail. She didn't look at him...

"Turtle... why were you in the basement." She asked and looked down at the dog. He tilted his head and gave a small confused whimper.
She stalked across the hall and descended down the stairs. Coming to a sudden stop at the bottom.

Even from where she was, she could very clearly see the cupboard was open. She took a few steps forward to see that not only was it empty, but everything except the box was on the counter beside it.