It's a long way to the top.

Larry arrived about 10 minutes after they hung up. His old pick-up truck squeaked and sputtered as he drove closer, Rhett snickered when Brandon let out a groan of dismay. As soon as the truck stopped mountains of smoke piled out of the rusty tail pipes earning a few coughs from the team. Not wanting to damage his throat further Gage immediately covered his mouth and held his breath. Larry swungthe driver side door open and jogged over to the group, Jerry in toe.
"You kids ok" his tone while urgent and firm, was laced with concern. Rhett made a so-so hand motion and a 'meh' expression crossed his face.
"Aside from near death trauma and a few bullet grazes, we're all good" he still had his cheery tone.
Debbie grimaced.
"Not to mention disturbance on mine and Wyatt's end... sheesh that guy is weird" Wyatt shivered slightly.

Brandon looked at the two with a confused look.
"You still haven't told us what you saw in there" before Wyatt could rebuttal Gage spoke up.
"Obsidian had a table of sex toys in the room I was kept in" the uncomfortable silence and looks of concern and disgust was even worse when coupled with Gage's tone being so casual and monotone. Larry was the first to break the silence.
"Did he... uhm... you know"
Gage blinked.
"Rape me? He tried yes, but the only he managed to get in was a bite mark" Rhett felt his stomach churn at how calm and collected the boy sounded. Larry looked like he almost got hit by a bus, a pale face and wide eyes.
"Uh well, ok... we better you back to the facility your mother is gonna be waiting for us"
The latino merely shrugged abd followed the elder to the truck. He stopped before he passed Wyatt and extended a hand out. Wyatt looked at the note Gage was handing him and took.
"Open it after we leave" his voice was barely a whisper. Wyatt nodded before watching Gage hop into the shot gun seat and wave with a smile. The car started once Jerry was safley in the back.

With a puff of smoke the truck drove away.

Wyatt looked at tge slip of paper in his hand. He opened it.

I'll meet you there in half an hour. Save some action for me, I wanna show this jerk ass what happens when you mess with our family

-Gage

Wyatt smiled.

"OK guys. Let's get going"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Naomi was completely out of breath by the time she got back to the house. She zipped right in the garage and untied the dog leash as soon as she got off her bike. Turtle was close behind her as she jogged into the house, her lungs felt like they were on fire. But she kept going until she reached the basement door. She thanked whatever God was in the sky that both her parents were at the garage.

She held breath as she opened the forbidden door. The dark stairwell screamed up at her, begging for her to traverse downwards into whatever hell awaited her.

She took one step at a time, the dog right behind her. A awkward feeling crept up her spine with each step she took. The old wood stairs creaked slightly. Finally she made it to the bottom.

She pulled out her phone and opened her contacts. Slowly she typed out a message.

(M) Gage what does the box look like.

Send.

She waited.

(G) It's red, with a white rose on the top. It should be in the file closet.

(M) What does the closet look like.

(G) Light blue.

Okay, light blue closet and a red box. Scanning the room a bit she smiled when she spotted a tall light blue closet in the corner. Naomi walked over, gripped the handles and pulled open the doors.

And was horrified to find the only in there was the red box.

She shivered.

Their mother knew.

Her phone beeped. It was a meesage from her father.

(D) did you find it okay ;).

Wait...

-_-_-_-_-

Gage groaned as his mother squeezed the life out of him while sobbing into his shoulder. His dad was snickering. The dick. Finally his mother released him and with red puffy eyes she she smiled.
"You really are one dynamite kid aren't you" he shrugged.
"So I've been told".
Mara laughed. It was a broken hiccupy laugh but it was a laugh.
"Well. Your father and I should be heading home. Naomi said she was going to come and keep you company, please don't head to atlas tower. You've been in enough danger as is.

"I promise"
He hated the feeling of his crossed fingers, but he had no choice.

His phone beeped.

(M) I got it. And I think dad knows.

He looked at his dad who was smiling. With a little wave and a wink he turned and walked off with Mara.

'Sneaky bastard'

-_-_-_-_-_-

The news and a few dozen officers were at the base of the building when they got there. A news copter was circling the top of it.
Brandon whistled when he saw a small glimpse of the large bomb perched precariously on the edge.
"That thing will definitely take out half of downtown if it goes off" Wyatt scoffed.
"Then let's make sure it doesn't go off" he slammed his fist into his open palm with a confident smirk.
They all raced towards the building cheers from the public falling on deaf ears.

It was a long way to the top. But they were going to make it even if it was the last thing they'd do.