Chapters 27 to 34

Act two, part two

We've come so far! So the first half of the story is done and it's time for some action.

These eight chapters are called "bad guy closes in".

It's basically eight chapters of everything going wrong. The couple is fighting. Someone's let out a secret (but even the secret is not as bad as whats coming later), there's a break in trust. All the foreshadowing you did in Act one can be used here. Everything is just a mess.

Choose eight things that threaten your character's happiness. Make sure these eight things are relevant to whats happened in the story already. All the "bad guys" - the ex girlfriend, the overprotective brother, our own characters' inner demons, all come out in full force to destroy what we just experienced in chapters 13 to 26. We need to feel that loss and heartache as these "bad guys" just keep coming. Please don't forget, you can't introduce a new conflict here or any new characters. If the central conflict is whether or not these two people believe they belong together, then we need to have seen that struggle in Act one so we can watch them fail here at believing that they belong together.

Keep going until chapter 34.

1000 words per chapter.