M.I.

She sighed as she drooped in her own palms while sitting on the wooden bench by the bleachers. This time (Y/N) and Tooru had actually persuaded Hajime to let her watch them practice. The duo jumped in the air while squealing and rustled on the floor with each other in a mere second.

She was shook once again by the sudden blast by Hajime when he had broken through the middle blockers. The girl thought it would be more exciting honestly but it was full of intensity and nerve wrecking. She hated those kind of things. Her hidden anxiety tends to take over.

The female noticed it was almost time to clean up and she had stood to help the others since they don't have any managers.

"You don't have to trouble yourself (L/N)-senpai!" Yahaba shrieked once he saw her picking up a ball.

She only waved him off. "Nah it's okay. Besides I'm bored."

Kindaichi and Yahaba both awed. They were fanboys of the famous (Y/N) which the third year didn't give a damn.

"(Y/N)! Can you put the ball rack inside the store?" Hajime shouted after her. He knew once she started helping it was hard to persuade her to stop.

Too kind for her own good.

She nodded and gave a thumbs up proceeding to push the rack inside the store.

Once she set it carefully inside the room, the door was closed with a sudden click.

She spun around and squinted her eyes when she saw a figure blocking the exit. The room was dim with the only source of light was the window panels at the top corner of the room.

Her face faltered once she recognised who it was.

"Mattsun..."

She tends to call him by the nickname Tooru used. They used to be very close. I repeat 'used to'.

He hummed in thought while leaning against the door. The middle blocker stared at the ball rack with a bored look. But she knew there was something hidden beneath his facade.

Something she was familiar with.

The girl only sighed and hopped on top of the stacked mats. She swayed her legs back and forth with her thighs spread slightly.

"...you're too nice for your own good you know?"

The female didn't meet his eyes. "I guess I can't help it?" She leaned against the wall behind her.

Huffing, he stepped forward closer to her. She wasn't fazed by this however.

"We should've talked about this a long time ago..."

She raised her eyebrow. She knew what he was trying to say but couldn't help to fish it out. "About what...?"

"About us."

He frowned deeply. His breath becoming deeper as he moved closer to her.

She only kept silence as her mind wandered to Tanaka.

"You know I can't."

"I do. And I won't force you."

"Did we ever had something?"

"Something that should've bloomed."

"Something that we have agreed to bury it deep a long time ago."

They both went quiet as the tension grew. The male didn't want fight like a kid. He's a matured third year so he wanted to settle this like an adult.

But his heart couldn't help it. He went in for another step until he was in between her legs. He laid his hand on the mat beside her and the other one on the wall behind her caging her between the wall and his body.

The male closed his eyes as his mind raced over thoughts as their breath moxed in with each other. The girl only blinked slowly as she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Then, let me ask you this?" He stated.

She tilted her head.

"Did we ever had something special?"

That took her off guard as her breath hitched  as she sighed deeply.

She looked forward and was met with glinting orbs that was staring deep into her soul begging for an answer.

"...yes."

He shivered as they laid their foreheads against each other. She slid her hand down to his chest. They leaned closer until their noses were touching as both of their heartbeats sped up as they took in each other's presence savouring it for the last time.

"You were always special to me." Her other hand went to his nape and played with the ends of his hair.

Until her hand stopped.

"Just...not in that kind of way."

His breathing stopped for a moment as his heart skipped a beat. His eyes started to droop as he tightened his lips.

A sigh escaped his lips as he backed off of her.

He shoved his hands into his shorts as his legs brought him to the other hand of the room as he placed a hand on the door. She only stared at him with a blank look.

"Maybe." She stated. "Maybe in another life, I'd be yours."

He went silent and didn't respond.

She hesitated.

"Just not this one."

Seconds passed as the sentence sinked into his mind as he let out a chuckle. He looked behind his shoulder with a sincere smile.

"Thank you, (Y/N)."

And with that, he left the room.

She rubbed her face with her hands as she hopped off the mats. Her mind traced back to when she was under him in his room during one of those nights.

She shivered as she thought back to his tender touch. A sad smile crept up to her face at the thought of him.

I'm sorry Issei.

-

Fun fact: (Y/N) and Mattsun had their first time together in Matsukawa's house when they were assigned to a project together in their first years.

Their fling went on for a couple of times before they slowly drifted away and basically ghosted each other.

Mattsun never had the chance to properly confess with one of the reasons was (Y/N)'s toxic fangirls.

He regretted it deeply once he knew that she felt the same.

They kissed one last time after the practice match supposedly in the 'Number Five' chapter but only a peck which they both were reluctant to in respect for both of their boundaries.

This will be the first and last time Matsukawa Issei will be relevant to this story.

But I might do a 100 followers special with these two.