Silent words

"Uwaah!! I'm tiredddd." Tanaka stretched his arms out after a tiring day of volleyball practice. Ennoshita only blankly stared at him with a frown.

"We're all tired you dumbass. You're not the only one playing."

"Ack! I didn't mean it like that!!" Tanaka whined out while shaking his friend's shoulders back and forth.

"Yeah! He always thought about us." Nishinoya jumped on his friend's back and started to give him a chokehold. Kinoshita rolled his eyes and sneered.

"Mhm more than you're worried about yourself." Narita also nodded as well with a sigh. "You're also human you know that right? Even a dimwit like you should know that."

Tanaka momentarily stops choking and replied with clasping his hand together. "I know I'm just a mere human." He spoke with a Buddha tone. Noya cackled on top of him.

EnnoSHITa rubbed his temples. He could feel himself getting old.

Is this what Daichi-san feel everyday?

Narita only sighed and hummed thoughtfully. Until he perked up when he noticed something.

Or someone.

Noya had gotten off of Noya and started to bite Kinnoshita's shoulder insted. Narita pulled Tanaka besides him and whispered with his finger pointing.

"Isn't that your girlfriend?"

Tanaka's attention was snatched at the mention of his girlfriend. His eyes followed his friend's as his breath hitched.

He could feel his heart dropped when everything around him went silent with shivers running down his spine.

...why?

"Oi Tanaka!"

He snapped out of it when Ennoshita slapped his shoulder. Inhaling a sharp breath, he darted over to the familiar cliff with his friends shouting behind him.

"OI TANAKA!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING?!?!" Ennoshita was about to chase after him but the brunette was held back by his teammate who only shook his head.

"...I think it's personal." Narita lowly spoke.

Ennoshita wanted to speak until he closed his own mouth. Kinoshita quickly catching on only nodded in response. The three had only knew how deep Tanaka's wounds had been after the confession (Y/N) had told them regarding how he was always looked down upon.

"Huh?" Nishinoya grunted.

The substitute players only stared at the short libero with a deadpanned look.

"You dumb fuck."

"HUUUHHHHH?!?!"

-

Tanaka panted heavily as he sprinted against the tar road. It was almost the same as that night.

The night of his confession.

The night of a newborn love.

The night of failed suicide.

His eyes started to water as his orbs fixated at the sitting figure on the grass right in front of the drop. The sky had already turned dark with the moon shining brightly upon them.

He grunted as he skidded along the grass and quickly wrapped his arms tightly around the (h/c) female. Sobs erupted as he cried out loudly while continuing to hug his dear lover while trying to provide warmth when he had noticed the girl was shaking.

Tears ran down his cheeks as he laid his chin on top of the girl's head.

He had just noticed the crampled paper in her grip as she was still hugging her knees not once looking up. He shakily took it and read the writing with glistening eyes.