Solace

Suga was albeit worried about a particular teammate. He himself didn't want to want to waste anymore time and decided to ask to the second year during morning practice.

That night the third year was having an internal battle whether he should just text Tanaka. However, this kind of matter shouldn't be discussed over text. So he just slept with hesitance.

Morning came and the setter hurriedly went to the school gym. He even took the option of running to school, his thoughts filled with his kouhai. Tbh he just wants to have fun with his underclassmen hence why he's quite annoyed and just wanted to get it over with.

Arriving at the gym, he slid the door open.

His eyes met with a few of his teammates but not the one he was looking for. He visibly looked dreadful. The captain felt pity for his friend and went to talk to him for a bit.

"Hey. When I said can you take care of it, I didn't mean you should think about it 24/7." The captain snickered.

The setter blushed and elbowed the captain at his teasing. "Tsk. I'm not that worried. It's just...it's Tanaka you know."

"YEAH! IT'S RYUU SO NOTHING COULD GO WRONG!!"

The two first years and third years looked at the entrance.

"WHETHER IT'S ON THE COURT OR NOT, RYUU IS ALWAYS ABLE TO FACE HIS PROBLEMS HEAD ON!" The libero had his hands on his hips with a fierce expression.

Huffing slightly, he shouted once again. "All we need to do is support him! It's what he'd do for us too."

Daichi smiled warmly. "You took the words right out of my mout-"

A particular slam cut dadchi off.

The gym doors were open. A small 'Oops' slipped from the culprit. Tanaka was bobbing his head to the music he was hearing from his phone. He strutted in with his hands slightly swaying to the rhythm. His expression was...

oddly happy.

Happier than usual in fact.

Asahi sweat dropped at the team's staring at the wing spiker. So he took the first initiative.

"Good morning Tanaka." He approached warily.

Said male faced him. "Good morning, Asahi-san!" He said with a blinding smile.

Most of the gym was outshined by the sudden positivity that protruded from his grin. Noya was baffled.

Suga also took it as his cue. "How are you today?"

Tanaka hummed and took out his earbuds. "I'm fine. How was practice yesterday? You didn't do too much without me right?" He pointed playfully.

The setter chuckled nervously. "Ne...Tanaka." He hesitated and planted his hand on the second year's shoulder.

"You know we're here for you...right?" He tread carefully while looking into his eyes searching for any signs of distress.

However the shave-headed male only tilted his head in confusion.

"Of course! And I'm there for you guys too!" He grinned once again.

The setter felt relief bloom in his chest.

"RYUU!!" The libero suddenly jumped up.

"NOYA!!" He returned with a shout of his own.

Sounds of laughter was heard throughout the gym.

Daichi chuckled softly. "I guess things do work out on their own."

Kinda.