₮₩Ɇ₦₮Ɏ-₮₩Ø

Byulyi noticed how quiet Yongsun was the whole ride back to the base and put her arm around the girl a bit too hard making her flinch and bend her back at the sudden weight inflicted on her from her team leader. She looked at her confused. "You're going to have to help me walk back." She smiled cheekily, trying to stay okay and unfazed from the sudden kiss from Yongsun to shut her up a few minutes back. Yongsun was full of thought as the helicopter was lowering itself down for landing. "How should I explain this to the general?" Byulyi waved her cut arm infront of her. 

"I dont know? 'Hey General, so I saved Yongsun in return i got bitten by a zombie.. But dont worry! I cut my arm off and i didnt turn Yayyy'." Hyejin sarcastically mimicked what Byulyi would say later on. Everyone chuckled at her whereas Byulyi stayed quiet with furrowed eyes, "We still need to check up on you. You were with the bite for more than 5 seconds. Who knows if the virus spread to your arms and is still spreading."

"Right." Byulyi rolled her eyes as she had to go through examinations again but a lot longer this time. She was worried, whether if she can go out in the field again. You cant really hold an MG with just one hand, she needs the other for support and currently she doesnt have it anymore. She wonders how long it'll take till her hand heals itself before she can go out. ".. That's fun."

The helicopter landed on their unit ship's helipad and everyone went out. Yongsun held Byulyi with her right hand around her shoulders as she put her hand around her waist. She was really close she thought. That kiss from earlier.. doesnt mean anything. Yongsun told herself, reassuring herself that Byulyi wouldnt think much of it and consider it as a necessary action needed to be taken in order for the girl to calm down. To Yongsun, it did have a certain meaning. But she would never admit it herself. 

They walked side by side back to the base building as Byulyi leaned her body on Yongsun. Everyone at the ship stared long at Byulyi's now gone hand. Of course, she didnt like the weird looks they gave her. "Oi, Do i look like a circus freak? Go back to work assholes." She exclaimed so the entire room could hear her. As she did all of them shut their mouths and went back to work, trying not to think of what happened. 

"You didnt have to be rude." Yongsun said as she helped Byulyi get on a bed as Joohyun rushed to get aid. 

"I wasnt. That's how you gain dominance, Yongsun. I have all the right to be rude, i AM the Sergeant of this place anyways." Yongsun nodded slowly. "Also, you're gonna get deployed soon." Byulyi smiled widely but Yongsun was still in thought. "Hey, What's up? Are you blaming yourself for what happened to me?? It's not your fault you know." 

Yongsun bit her lip and Byulyi took a quick glance at it; the part of Yongsun's face that touched her very own. The thought of it made her cough, and try to clear her throat. "Im sorry. I just feel guilty since you protected me." Yongsun finally said. 

"Hah. Dont worry. I wanted to protect you." Byulyi inwardly cringed at herself and quickly thought of another joke, "I mean; I worked hard on you. I cant just let you die like that am i right?" Yongsun smiled.

"Right.." Joohyun soon came running with a box in hand. Byulyi looked at the girl rushing and furrowed her brows at her. 

"You better go meet up with Eric. They'll have to question you for a while." Yongsun nodded.

"Is this really necessary?" She asked, as she sat down on a chair, both hands tied to its sides. "I really dont see why you need to detain me like this.."

"Yeah, General's orders." Eric said as Hyejin came in the room soon after. "He was just taking extra precaution. I mean, you were with them. Who would know whether you turned against us or not. I was against those orders obviously, but orders be orders." He said making Yongsun roll her eyes at him. Resting her back on the chair behind her, she sighed.

"'Kay, so.. Where's Byulyi? Shouldnt she be here?" Hyejin slammed the door making her flinch.

"Sorry, Byulyi wont be here with us. She's with the scientists, they're performing experiments on her. And finding a way for her to get back on the field. Dont expect her to always be with you, Yongsun." Hyejin's voice was serious and stern, implying she believes all this was Yongsun's fault. "Why?" She continued, "Do you feel safer with her? Guess what princess. Your knight in shining armor cant always be there for you." Hyejin started to dislike Yongsun, for s=reasons she would never understand for herself. 

Yongsun didnt know how to respond to that and kept silent for a while. The room was awkward, strengthening Hyejin's assumptions that Yongsun may or may not have gotten into Byulyi's head. But not theirs. Eric clear his throat, nervous from the atmosphere. "So, shall we start questioning her?" He turned over to Hyejin to which she nodded. "Alrighty."

Joohyun as well as other doctors and scientists brought Byulyi to a chamber sorta testing room. Where she had to be seated in the middle of a bright room. They put a mask on her as a type of mouth blockage in case she turns and tries to bite, as they tested; taking blood samples and figuring out if there was any spread out virus. But nothing, it was normal human blood. Byulyi's arm was numb since the wound was still pretty new and hurt a lot more than before, containing he grunts and screams were hard, extremely. 

"How long will this take again??" 30 minutes of testing had only passed, they were no where near finished. The other scientists as well as privates were discussing about Byulyi's cut off had and potential retirement because of it. Sergeant Moon was like a piece in chess they couldnt afford to lose during a battle like this. They come up of an idea of possibly bringing her hand back or at least make a hand for her to use, good enough to hold a gun; they were thankful it was the left hand that got cut off instead of the right, if it were the right that wouldve taken a lot more time to develope.

"Byulyi, You've only been there for 30 minutes." Joohyun said. "You were bitten and somehow youre still here alive and well. We still need to run a few more tests." Byulyi furrowed her brows.

"By few you mean a lot more tests am i right?" Joohyun nodded straightforwardly and Byulyi let out a loud groan that sounded like a zombie's sound making the scientists take precaution and stepped away from her, Byulyi then chuckled. "Oh cmon. I was just kidding. Cmon guys, take a joke sometimes sheesh." She clicked her tongue and shook her head. "How many more hours do you think i'll be here for?"

"3 more hours, Ma'am."

"... Fuck this." She said under her breath.

A/N
Been getting writer's block. Sorry, i still have it and im trying my best to upload. Also, stuff with school and family came up which added a lot more onto my plate. Sorry again.