₮₩Ɇ₦₮Ɏ-₣ØɄⱤ

"Ah fiNaLLyyYYy" Byulyi said as she stretched her arms in the air finally being able to move. She flinched at the sting that came to her cut hand after. Hyejin was about to turn around the corner to enter the laboratory along with Yongsun but surprised to see Byulyi out already. "Oh heyyy"

"Yo, Yongsuns going in for testing too. You're done right?" She asked and Byulyi nodded. Hyejin nudged Yongsun to get in as the other scientists waited for her at the entrance of the room. She took a quick glance at Byulyi's arm and immediately regretted everything she had told Hyejin a few moments back. "You must be hungry. Cmon, lets discuss things over lunch." The girl nodded and followed Hyejin over to the cafeteria.

As they got their trays they sat on an empty table right next to the table Hyejin sat on a couple of hours ago, Byulyi was having trouble eating with only one hand but the other girl didnt spare a glance at her difficulty. Hyejin was still full of thought, she didnt know how to start the conversation she'd been wanting to have with Byulyi after Yongsun's questioning. There was a long silence at the table that sat on.

"So, what was the thing you wanted to tell me?" Byulyi started, getting a little annoyed at the atmosphere. 

"... We cant win this war." Hyejin said under her breath which got Byulyi in a disbelief expression. She was confused, she expected this from Minhyuk, not Hyejin. She never thought Hyejin would just give up like that, she didnt say anything until Hyejin continued her explanation to why she thinks so. 

Hyejin explained every word to Byulyi while whispering. No one needed to know about this, not yet. They needed to have everyone believe that they could still have a chance against them. A chance to get the normal back again. Byulyi's eyes widen at everything she had said. She dropped her spoon creating a loud noise and everyone else in the cafeteria looked at them. Hyejin waved her hands saying its nothing.

"So.. thats it?" Byulyi said under her breath, "Im not having all those soldiers die for nothing. Im not having to carry all these burdens just for it to end like that. No, it cant.." Hyejin stared at her as Byulyi clenched her teeth and fist. 

"We.. cant win this. If what Yongsun says is true, we dont stand a chance against them."

"No. Im not accepting this as reality. Theres still a chance. This isnt the end, we're still alive." Byulyi said and went back in thought, thinking of ways to win and defeat whatever this is. There was complete silence between the two for 10 minutes already, Byulyi slowly taking bites on her food as well as Hyejin. "Isnt it impossible to cut off all our communications? Thats bullshit. Korea is part of the UN how dont they know whats happening to us right now??"

Hyejin looked up to her, "Korea stopped being a member of the UN a few years remember?"

"No no that doesn't make any sense. UN would know about these things. And if not that, wouldn't the other countries get confused that are communications with them just suddenly got cut off?? One, at least one countries out there know about our situation right about now. Its almost impossible.."

"Right.. I get where your going, the main question is that; how weren't they alerted while the TV stations were still up and running three months ago?" Hyejin said and gulped, "Come to think of it, there weren't any television reports on the zombie outrage, right?-"

"There were.. but only a few.. wait, those were the smaller television companies right? Why wouldn't the bigger ones report and warn people?" Byulyi asked, half knowing the answer.

"... I think this is better to discuss with the team. I think we also gotta include the delta force with us since they saw everything last night. I also gotta inform the general about this. Im calling a meeting later at 1PM." Hyejin suggested to which Byulyi agreed.

"Sounds good."

Yongsun sat on the chair that Byulyi sat on. A little blood spilled on the left arm of the chair. She knew it was Byulyi's. Joohyun comforted her before running the tests on her. A scientist along side her drew blood out of Yongsun's shoulder as a sample. She flinched at the sight of her blood being taken as well as the long needle of the syringe. 

"We're just gonna run a few tests on your blood okay? You wont be here for too long, thank you for your cooperation Miss Kim." The scientist said before walking back to the testing room with Joohyun. Yongsun could see Wheein through the glass, working with the others without rest.

The scientists now started inspecting Yongsun's blood sample. They were confused at first as her blood was normal, B type blood. Wheein didnt exactly understand why it was just ordinary blood, she shooed off the scientist on the microscope and did it herself. She inspected it and zoomed in further, finding an extraordinary substance that changed a small spec of the blood cell's color into blue. She asked Joohyun to come closer and take a look at it. 

"Wait, isnt that..." Joohyun said, when she realized what it was she told everyone. "Isnt it the same look as the vile we needed to get from plantation 26??" Everyone looked at her with wide eyes, "If we extract it from the blood sample we'd be able to find the cure or a vaccine right?" Everyone nodded and did what they had to do and commenced the extraction.

They drew more blood off Yongsun but not enough to make her feel any sort of difference with her body. They then extracted as much as they could from the blood, at least enough to get one vile full. When they finished, they let Yongsun off. Seulgi waited for her from the outside of the laboratory. 

"Hey, meeting at the Alpha. Hyejin's orders." She said, a little mad at the girl. Seulgi knows that it wasnt her fault completely, but if Yongsun couldve been more careful and shot that coming zombie before it got close enough, Byulyi would still have her hand. Seulgi led Yongsun towards the room they called Alpha, only accessible for the Alpha team as well as the other soldiers they bring in there. 

"Whats it for..?"

"I dont know, she didnt give full details of it. Im pretty sure you have an idea of what it is tho." Yongsun didnt answer, she knew exactly what the meeting was for now. She really didnt want to be part of it, but she also didnt want to be a coward. They reached the front door of the Alpha, Seulgi swiped her dogtag at the side of the door making it open and they went in. "She's here." Seulgi said as Byulyi and the others sat around the table with their hands crossed. As if they were waiting impatiently.

"So, everybody's here. Shall we start?"