A smile was a foreign thing to him.

Just then, his uncle stepped into the hall, making the chatter in the hall cease instantly. The demons were afraid of his uncle. Beelzebub was an awfully huge man; his size intimidated them, and it also encouraged others not to talk about the way he looked at everyone. Demons generally avoided looking into his eyes whenever he spoke to them. It was because they worried about their lives since they knew that one stupid mistake could make the leader of the demons kill them without hesitation.

Beelzebub scanned the room, scrutinizing every demon before he spoke.

"As you all can see, our killings of the Angels have increased in numbers," Beelzebub stated, his voice loud and radiating power.

The demons shivered at the sound of their master's voice but Grey simply stood where he was. He was not scared of his Uncle. Beelzebub might look intimidating, but his uncle practically helped raise him when his father died, and that solely made him appreciate his Uncle. Grey respected him a lot.

"The capture of the Angels was only possible with the help of Grey," Beelzebub continued, making a few demons glance at Grey's direction, while the others chanted his name in praise.

But Grey was not fazed as the demons continued to chant his name. His face remained expressionless. He shot a glance at his Mom, and as expected, he saw her looking at him. The expression on her face showed that she was not happy.

Anna didn't like it whenever her son killed angels. She didn't seem to be delighted about it but she did not say anything either. Grey didn't understand his mom sometimes; whenever he tried to ask questions, all she did was brush him off.

Beelzebub motioned for Grey to come up to the stage. Grey stood up properly and straightened himself, walking graciously towards the stage. His eyes met that of his half-brother, Josh.

Josh glared at Grey angrily. The chant of his brother's name seemed to make him angrier, as he shoved a demon who was chanting Grey's name down at his side.

Grey's Mom was not the soulmate of his father-Josh's mother was, but she was dead.

Both Grey and Josh never seemed to agree over anything; they were constantly fighting. Josh always got jealous whenever Grey received praise from their Uncle, and because of that, he tried to prove to his Uncle that he was better than his brother.

Grey averted his eyes from Josh and continued up to the stage. When he got there, Beelzebub placed his hand on his shoulders. Grey took that moment to give Josh a smug look, making Josh feel even more jealous. Josh's eyes flashed red, and without hesitation, he punched a demon at his side.

Grey did not even flinch or avert his gaze. He just smirked at Josh.

Josh clenched his fist, glowering at Grey, as if he was challenging him.

"Not today," Grey mouthed at Josh as he finally averted his eyes and listened to what his uncle was saying.

"You have made all of us proud, especially me," Beelzebub said with a proud smile.

Grey nodded his head, acknowledging his Uncle's words. He did like the praises he acquired from his Uncle, but he thought there was no point in rewarding him. In his opinion, the angels deserved what they were getting.