Epilogue

The wind whistled a melodic tune over the green pastures of the hill. Two soulmates, with eyes hidden behind dark veils, followed the sound towards each other. A candle burned in their hands, and with it they ignited the Sacred Fire. Its crackling smoke filled the air with the sweet, refreshing scent of pine.

On their knees, the soulmates faced the guests in attendance as their caregivers stepped forward. One pair boiled water, and the other infused it with leaves. As each soulmate took a hot sip, both families were united.

Such as newlyweds should remain undivided, odd numbers are indivisible. 5 of their friends fed them symbolic fruit, each wishing upon them blessings of health, wealth, happiness, longevity, and good fortune.

With their eyes unveiled, the soulmates could face one another, their soulmarks unconcealed. They smeared rich and smooth essential oils over each other's skin, a gentle coat on every Sublime, thanking those past Links for paving the road that led them to one another.

Hands on each other's Divines, heads on the other's shoulders, arms wrapped around the other's back, they exchanged their vows. Words of gratitude and promises of love.

Their daughters stepped to their side, twin little girls who were Bound to one another, and cloaked their fathers as they stood: one in the blue of the Sky, the other in the green of the Earth, both laced with their Divine.

Above them, released doves flew amongst the clouds as the soulmates slipped ruby red rings on their fingers, forever tied to one another by fate.