9- Jimin

My shaking legs didn't budge from the sidewalk. My fidgeting fingers didn't wrap around the doorknob. Instead, my eyes fixed Yoongi through the coffee shop's window, his bored expression missing his usual fake customer service smile, as I failed to garner the courage to step inside.

"Jimin?"

I startled into a jump.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you." The familiar man raised his coffee baring hands in defense. "You are Jimin, right? Yoongi's friend?"

I tilted my head, searching for those broad shoulders in my memory, then gasped in recollection. "You're Taehyung's professor! I'm sorry, I don't remember your name..."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "It's Seokjin."

"Seokjin. Right." I nodded awkwardly, staring at the ground.

"I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries but you seem very upset. Is everything alright?"

"Oh!" I turned to the window, scrubbing my face in a pathetic attempt to rid my red and puffy reflection of its dried tears. "No, no, I'm fine, it's nothing."

"Are you sure? We could go inside if you'd li—"

"No!" I shouted, taking him aback, but I was more concerned with whether or not Yoongi had heard.

If he had, he was very good at pretending he hadn't.

Seokjin's gaze followed mine, and I suddenly remembered they were friends. My head ducked in embarrassment.

"I'm sure my boyfriend wouldn't mind if I gave his coffee to a friend in need." He smiled kindly. "There's a nice park around the corner. We could go and talk for a little."

Somehow, he felt safe. Comforting. I agreed.

We sat on a bench, quietly observing the groups of students having picnics under the trees, or riding their bikes under the sun, or reading novels under the pressure of due essays. The wind blew with it the vapor from our coffees, and my hands were warm around the hot cup I couldn't bring to my lips.

"Do you know?" I asked him, hunched forward as to avoid his eyes.

"Know?" He looked at me.

"About... Yoongi and me?"

He shrugged. "I know it didn't work out."

"Yeah..." I sighed, taking a sip of the coffee. It was a caramel macchiato.

"He said you weren't sure about your feelings for him?"

I scoffed. "Seems like I'm not sure about my feelings for anyone." I bit the inside of my cheek, hesitating to ask. "Do you know"— I cleared my throat— "what... aromanticism is?"

He nodded. "I do."

I pursed my lips, fingernails tapping against the side of the cup, too anxious to ask him any further questions.

"Do you remember Hoseok and Namjoon from that night at the club?" He asked after a while, rummaging in his pockets.

"Not by name." I lifted a brow, turning my head towards him.

He chuckled, swiping through his phone before handing it to me. "This is my favorite picture of us. Yoongi took it last summer."

I grabbed the phone hesitantly, somewhat confused.

All three of them were at the beach, Seokjin in the middle with both his arms around them as they each bared bright smiles on their wet and sun kissed skin, but I couldn't take my eyes away from their Divines.