8- Taehyung

As soon as the bell rang, the herd of students scurried out of the classroom while I hesitantly approached the teacher's desk amidst their impatient shoving.

"Excuse-me, Professor Kim?"

Seokjin looked up from his notes. "Yes, Taehyung?"

"Um"— I scratched the back of my neck— "I was wondering if I could ask you a question..."

"Of course. Was there anything I didn't explain clearly enough?" He took off his glasses, sitting back on his chair.

"No, no, that's not it! Um... this is more of a general soulmate theory question." I looked around to make sure there was no one else. "I wanted to know if it was possible to never fall in love..."

He scrunched his eyebrows. "To never fall in love?"

"Y-yeah." I shifted from one foot to the other. "To never have any romantic or even sexual feelings for anyone. Ever. To never want to be with someone in that way."

He leaned forward, crossed hands over the desk. "Where is this coming from?"

I shrugged, trying to seem nonchalant. "Just curious."

"Mm..." He nodded with squinted eyes, making me worry he wouldn't answer until he sighed in disappointment. "The truth is I've been asking the school board to add such subjects to the curriculum since I've started teaching. Still haven't had any luck."

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head.

"Yes, it is possible to never be able to fall in love. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's perfectly normal."

"Really?" I lit up. "Then—"

At the sound of the second bell more students flocked inside for his next class, my shoulders falling at the conversation being cut short.

"If you want to learn more"— he scribbled on a piece of paper— "check these books out from the school library. They're a bit secluded but if you ask Kim Namjoon, one of the librarians there, he should be able to help you find them."

I was almost certain that was one of his rapper friends from the club, but our unspoken agreement to pretend that night never happened prevented me from asking.

"Thank you, Professor Kim." I took the list of books. "This is all very helpful."

He smiled. "It's no problem at all. I hope you find what you're looking for."

***

I had my nose in one of the many books Namjoon— who was indeed one of Seokjin's rapper friends— had helped me find when Jungkook whispered my name, smiling at me behind one of the book shelves.

"Am I intruding?" He asked, sitting beside me after I waved him over.

"Mn." I shrugged, folding my arms on the table. "I'm not planning on going to any of my classes later so I have time to waste."

"How you manage to ace all of your tests will never cease to amaze me."

"Some people just got it." I flipped my hair dramatically.

He chuckled, picking up one of the books I had scattered on the table. "'Understanding Sexual Orientations.' Is this for one of the classes you're skipping?"

I snatched the book back. "It's for a friend."

"Mhm, that's what they all say," he teased.

"I'm serious! A friend is going through something and I wanna help!"

He rested his cheek over his knuckles with a knowing smile. "You mean Jimin?"

I didn't answer.

"It's fine, you don't have to tell me, it's none of my business. But from the first night I slept over I could tell how close you two were. You really care a lot about him."