Chapter 5 - Coke and Medication

I hadn't planned on this happening, but I like it.  It'll help the story go on, I suppose.
Oh well. 
I got braces on my bottom teeth and now my mouth hurts.

Also I am so pissed that I forgot to put a title for the last chapter.

It was supposed to be called Awake, by the way.

                 It had been a few days since the scare at the window.  Eternity hadn't let her mother leave her side in fear that he would return.  But, to ease the boredom, her mother had brought her Nintendo DSI and her game case.
                "You know, your friends are all very worried about you.  You should let them in to see you."  Eternity looked away from her game and gave her mother a look that said Really?  Her mother sighed, turning back to her magazine.  Her daughter had been acting strange ever since she woke up, making her worry.  But, she'd never been one of those prying mothers, so she hadn't asked.  The older woman had noticed that Eternity was more jumpy and slightly paranoid.  She hadn't set the handheld device down since she'd gotten it.  Stress, her mother concluded, From the medication. 

                But it was not stress.  Eternity had woken from nightmares screaming, alerting the nurses.  She did not feel safe.  Sometimes she could hear that sick, deranged laughter echo in the cold building.  She should have been safe in that building, but still she would spin on her heels, ready to attack, if somebody came up behind her.  
                "I'm going to go get a coke, do you want anything?"  Eternity dropped the device in her hands and grabbed her mothers arm.
                "Please don't leave me alone."  Eternity's eyes were wide, and her fingers trembled from her grip.  Her mother sighed, pulling from her daughter.
                "I'll be right outside this door.  Don't worry.  I won't be long."  The older woman walked out the door, leaving Eternity stammering and staring in disbelief.  She picked up her DSI and started playing her game.  She was nervous, no doubt about it.  The heart monitor's beeps grew faster and faster until a nurse ran in.  The nurse had dark lips and her eyes were wide with worry.  There was something funny about her, but Eternity was hyper focused.  
                "Are you okay?"  She stood beside Eternity.  The red-haired teen looked up sheepishly.
                "J-just an inten-nse level."  Eternity assured the nurse that she was fine.  The nurse suggested she put the games away, because she needed to relax.  Eternity shook her head quickly.
                "I'll just give you some medication to help you sleep.  Don't worry, this type will make it so you don't dream."
                "A-are you sure...?"  Eternity could already feel it's effects.  "No, I don't want to sle..."  Just as Eternity fell asleep, she heard the nurse whisper in her ear.
                "Don't worry, I'll make sure they don't lay a finger on you, or my name isn't Jane."