Chapter 14 - Aflame

[Omfg these people on the jtk page are brUTAL im d e a d they're ripping the original story apart but lets be real, that story is shit. How is it popular? Yeah, sO not using that.]

[Please vote, comment, and share if you enjoy. If you don't enjoy, vote so I know. ;p ]

Eternity came to with a pounding headache and her vision blurry.  She found herself laying on the ground, cold and hard. A rancid smell filled her nose, making her head pound against her skull even harder with each weak inhale. She tried to sit up, but her body wouldn't respond.  She could hear someone humming to themselves, but she couldn't even turn her head to look. It felt like her whole body was full of static, even thinking of moving caused pain.

The person humming walked closer and crouched, grabbing Eternity's chin and turning her head. Her eyes met a blurry, cold gaze that she would never be able to forget.

"You're awake. Finally." Jeff grunted. He stood back up, picking her up and dragging her with him and set her down in an old office chair. The movements sent shooting pain all over her body, causing her to whimper. Jefff glanced at her, seeming pleased, and gripped her chin to move her gaze upwards.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

On the board were photographs, names, and maps. Eternity's vision was still blurry, but through the fog she could tell most of the photos were of her; the distinct red color of her hair was hard to miss. However, she could see that some photos were not of her. She wished she could rub her eyes to clear them faster, but all she could do was blink slowly. 

"I've been working on this for months. See," He plucked one of the photos from the wall and held it up to her face. "Your birthday, the day we met." By then, her eyes had cleared enough to tell that the photo was of her, sitting in the swing smoking. When she had been upset about her friends forgetting her birthday. When she had been wallowing in self-pity, hating the fact that not even Teagen, who was her best friend, had been able to find her to wish her a happy birthday. Eternity looked up at Jeff, eyes as wide as she could get them, terrified of him.

"What a great day." Jeff chuckled, putting the photo back and pulling another down. "Remember that time you thought I was outside your window?" The photo was of Eternity's back; she was holding the kitchen knife and watching her window intently. The photo looked like it was taken from inside her closet. All blood left Eternity's face. She remembered that night, when her mother had walked in right as she was about to open the curtain. Eternity huffed out, trying to speak, but all that left her mouth was a pathetic groan. 

Jeff hummed, admiring his hard work, then turned, looking to his right. Eternity followed his gaze and saw a tiny, mucky window up close to the ceiling. It looked to be the size of a shoebox, perhaps slightly larger. Shining through the dirty glass was the moon, looking yellow due to all the dust and dirt on the glass. From what she could see in her awkward position, the moon looked full. She looked back to Jeff, who almost looked like he was.. smiling? Not because of those hideous scars that opened his cheeks; the edges of his lips looked like they- Eternity felt dust get into her throat and began coughing.

Jeff seemed to remember what he was doing and where he was, his head snapping towards her. His eyes narrowed as much as they could with most of his eyelids missing. Snatching her up in his arms, causing the girl to yelp in fear, he dropped her onto a metal table that somehow Eternity hadn't spotted earlier. 

"Now," Jeff gripped her chin. By now Eternity could see clearly into Jeff's eyes, his gaze sent what felt like ice shivering down her spine. "I'm very disappointed in you, kitten. You didn't tell me that there were others. I've been cheated." Jeff turned and picked something up from a desk nearby. Turning back, the maniac held up a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

"Before, I was interrupted by my little - let's just call it a small fit of anger - and I got distracted. However," Jeff put a cig between his leathery lips, lighting it and breathing in. "I have you all to myself now. Jack won't find you here. You're mine, now." With no warning, the butt of the cigarette was pressed into Eternity's wrist. The pain brought movement back, causing Eternity to rip her arm away from Jeff. Said man just laughed, grabbing her arm and holding it down.

"Didn't I say these could kill you? Do you remember how many you smoked, kitten?" Jeff brought her wrist up to his face, holding it against his face. "I do. There were 12 on the ground. I'm going to punish you for every single one of them, kitten."

-----------------

Eternity didn't register what happened after that, she only knew the burning pain and Jeff's laughter. Her vision was blurry from tears and her throat was raw from crying out from the pain. Jeff was having the time of his life. His laughter made Eternity feel sick. Time didn't exist,  how long he took pressing the burning cig into her arm, burning the flesh and filling the air with a vile smell was unknown to the poor, crying girl.  It felt like hours, but it very well could have been mere minutes. All that was on her mind was a silent plead to whatever gods were out there to save her from this.

"Last one, kitten." Jeff held the lighter to the end of the cigarette, the light from the flame dancing in his eyes. 

"Please, Jeff, please stop.." Eternity gasped. "I'm begging you. You don't need to do this-" Jeff's hand came out of nowhere, striking Eternity across the face.

"Shut the hell up." Down came the cigarette onto her arm for what Eternity prayed was actually the last time.  The burning hurt as much as it did the first time, she cried just as mush as the first time, she saw stars just like the first time. However, unlike the first time, when Jeff pulled the cigarette away, he leaned over and planted a kiss on her sweaty forehead. Eternity recoiled in disgust, but Jeff just pressed his nose into her hair.

"All done." He stood up straight again, putting whatever was left of the cigarette between his leathery lips before spitting it out. "Ugh, tastes like shit now."