Chapter 9 - Nurse

Eternity sat in the cold, metal chair next to the nurses desk.  Tears were still streaming down her face and her breathing was so rapid, her vision would black out for a few moments.  Teagen sat in a chair in front of her, holding her hands and rubbing her arm.  She was trying to calm Eternity down, and it was working. Slowly.  Eternity was grateful that she was there, caring for her, also for the fact that they were the only people in the nurses office.  When they had entered, it had been empty, the nurse nowhere to be seen.
                "It's okay, Eternity."  Teagen said, like a mother to her child.  "Just try to regulate your breathing.  In, and out. Okay?  Let's do that.  In..."  Teagen breathed in, and Eternity did the same.  "Out..."  They both breathed out.  They did that a few more times until Eternity was breathing fine on her own.
                "What happened?"  The blonde asked.  Eternity knew she meant what happened to cause the attack.  But, how could she say?  Oh, just some serial killers have been chasing me.  Oh, and one was at my house last night!  No, Eternity couldn't tell her.  She would sound crazy.
                "I haven't been sleeping well."  Eternity closed her eyes and ran a hand through her hair.  Teagen squeezed Eternity's hands.  Teagen really was like a second mother to her.  It made Eternity feel appreciated.  But, with a sinking feeling, Eternity remembered that Teagen had forgotten her birthday.  Eternity felt a few tears fall, and then Teagen wipe them away.
                "Your eyeliner is dripping."  Teagen said with a giggle.  Eternity smiled.  Of course her friend would say that.  Eternity wasn't insulted, instead she was grateful for her friend keeping her sense of humor.  Eternity wiped under her eyes a few times until Teagen gave her a thumbs up.
                "Rockstar."  Teagen did a hand sign and stuck her tongue out.  Eternity laughed a bit at that.  Even though Teagen liked pop, she respected that Eternity preferred punk rock.  Teagen would even attend rock concerts with Eternity, and Eternity would attend pop concerts with Teagen.  Their friendship was amazing.
                "Oh, I'm sorry.  I was out to lunch."  The nurse walked in and sat at her desk.  The nurse had long black hair, pale skin, and on her lips was a dark purple lipstick.  She was wearing  a black, knee-length dress and over that was a white lab coat.  Eternity stared at the nurse.  Something seemed eerily familiar.  Eternity couldn't remember.
                "I've never seen you before.  Are you new?"  Teagen asked.  The nurse smiled.
                "Yeah, actually.  I started about a week ago.  I'm Nurse Jane."  Eternity's heart seemed to stop.  She gasped but only ended up choking on her spit.  She reached in her pocket to pull out the note, but the look that the nurse gave her said that she should not let Teagen know.  Eternity leaned back in her chair.
                "Sorry that we just came in.  Eternity was having a panic attack and I thought it would be better so have her sit in here.  I'm Teagen."  The nurse smiled.  Eternity thought it looked a bit sadistic and sickening.  She began to question her trust in this woman.
                "Nice to meet you.  Eternity, I think you should rest in here.  Teagen, perhaps you should go back to class?"  Teagen looked a bit surprised, then stood.
                "Right, sorry.  You'll be okay?"  Teagen was looking at Eternity.  Eternity nodded at her friend.
                "Yeah, you should go to class.  Just tell my teachers I'm here."  Teagen nodded and left with a small wave.  Once the door closed, the smile on the nurses face dropped.  She looked serious.
                "Why aren't you at home with the doors locked?"  As she spoke, she began to look pissed.
                "My mom decided it was time for me to come back.  I do need my education."  Eternity frowned.  Jane sighed.
                "Eternity, not even the school is safe for you.  Do you think I don't know about that stupid clown coming here?"  When she said 'clown', she looked disgusted.  "They will come for you, Eternity.  And don't think that they'll leave your friend alone."  The room seemed to get colder.  Eternity felt fear and worry freeze her veins.  She turned to look at the door.  Would they really?
                "Yes, they would."  Eternity whipped her head around to look at Jane.  "Nobody you're around is safe anymore."

~

So!  Another update!  I suppose it's because this stry was been quite easy to write so far.  I'm sure it will be from now on.  It depends on how I go about this story.  I probably won't be including Jane for a while.  

Anyways, hope you liked this chapter!  I've already got the next chapter swirling around in my mind.  This should be fun.