Chapter 1 - Birthday

I don't really have anything important to say, besides please leave comments.  I love them.

              Eternity shivered, swaying back and forth on the swing in the lonely park.  Ashes fell from the cigarette between her trembling fingers.  She kicked some snow with her boot and seemed to shrink into her jacket.

                Eternity's full name was Eternity Smith.  She had hair that was dyed a bright red, and surrounding her sea green eyes were thick eyelashes.  Not many people could pull off the bright red, but it suited Eternity better than her natural brown,

                "They're just stupid..."  She muttered, an icy breeze blowing snowflakes into her eyelashes.  It was late at night, maybe 11.  She didn't remember how long she'd been sitting there, but the reason was burning in her mind.

               "Who cares if I'm 17 today, anyway?  It's not like I wanted anything.."  Eternity's voice cracked at the end.  Sure, she'd told her friends that she wasn't going to celebrate or anything, but at least shouldn't they have wished her a happy birthday?  Eternity flicked the finished cigarette into a pile of untouched snow, along with many others, and pulled out another one.  She knew it was a bad habit, and that her parents would kill her if they ever found out, but that moment she didn't care.

                Behind her, the red head could hear the crunching of snow, somebody's footsteps.  She turned her head, but saw nobody.  She stood, lighting the cigarette. Foot prints that seemed to start in the middle of a field of snow created a trail into the trees.  

                "What the hell..?"  Eternity was hesitant, but when she saw drops of blood she pushed on, following the trail.  What if somebody was hurt?

                Her footsteps in the snow were all that Eternity could hear.  She flicked ashes away and put the cigarette between her lips.  

                "Hello?"  Her voice rang in her own ears.  In the distance, she could hear faint music.  Everything about that eerie music made the hairs on the back of Eternity's neck stand up.  But she couldn't control her body.  Her feet started to move on their own.  Her eyes were focused on something in the distance.  She kept going, even though the wind, which seemed to be trying to push her away, was screaming in her ears, "Run."  While Eternity kept going, the music stopped.  It was then that Eternity's surroundings seemed to become real.

                "The footsteps...  They're gone..."  The nervous girl knelt down, the snow seeping into her jeans, and touched a red spot.  Blood.  She stood up straight when she heard snow crunching beneath somebody's feet, and it was close.  She started to turn, but her head made contact with something hard.  Even in her state of unconsciousness,  the laughter she had heard still made her heart pound.