Chapter 15 - Mine

[Uh... Happy Late Valentines Day? Haha... ha.

Seriously though, I intended for this to go up on the 14th, but ah, c'est la vie. I just. Love when life kicks me in the emotional ballsack.

I hope this was good? Share your thoughts, and see you in the next chapter.]

The only sense of time that Eternity got in that gross, cold basement came from the window. What little amount of sunlight that managed to creep through all the dust and dirt would let her know when the day starts and ends. It wasn't always easy to keep track of the number of days, what with Jeff constantly torturing her.  He would come in daily, holding some new toy to use on Eternity. Most of time it left something that would leave a scar.

Because of this, scars and wounds covered her body. Her arm, where Jeff had burned her with the cigarette, had healed ages ago, leaving small circular scars. Some days, they itched like crazy. The scars were the least of her worries, however.

Dark, purple bruises covered her chest and legs, making it hurt to move. A deep, long scar ran along her right calf, her collarbones had cuts along them that nearly reached the bone, her lip was busted, her cheek was yellow and swollen, a cut ran from her top lip and down her bottom lip ("I think it'll be cute." Jeff had said. "Now hold still or I'll do something worse."), and those were just the fresh ones.

It wasn't easy keeping track of the days with Jeff torturing her daily. Most days, after Jeff felt that what he did was enough, Eternity would barely be able to stay conscious, but she would still fight through the static that would creep on the edge of her vision just to see the sun set and end the day. However, there were days that she lost that fight. On some of those days, when she woke, the sun would be out, and she couldn't tell if she had been out for long enough for a new day to start. Much to her dismay, she lost track of the date after the 12th of January.  

In all that time, at least a month, Jeff had not once let her bathe. She knew she smelled terrible, the whole basement reeked of stale urine and shit, no doubt because of her. She could feel how oily and streaky her hair was. Her mouth always tasted horrible from not brushing her teeth. She felt so disgusting that she had a constant headache, a pulse behind her eyes.

The routine was Jeff would come down, do what he wanted to Eternity, feed her some half assed meal, then go, leaving her chained to a pole and motionless on the ground. Afterwards, when Eternity was left alone in that basement for hours on end, her eyes would just be glued to the window, trying desperately to keep track of the date. It was all that she had left, just watching the sunrise and set everyday. Without it... Eternity wasn't sure she would still be lucid. 

Today however, was different.  The basement door opened, making Eternity look to the stairs. Jeff walked down the wooden steps casually. From what she could see, his hands were empty, which hadn't happened since he had shown her the board.

  What is he up to?

"What makes you think I'm up to something?" Jeff laughed, coming over to stand in front of her. "I'm not that cruel, kitten,  I know when my pets need a day off." 

"Since when," Eternity struggled to speak, her words coming out breathy and weak. "Am I your pet?" She lifted her gaze to meet his. The look in his eyes was a void, empty and never ending. Ice seemed to train down her spine slowly as Jeff grabbed her chin gently leaning in close.

Slap!

"Since you got chained up like a little bitch." Jeff pushed her head aside, her cheek now bearing a bright red handprint, and moved behind her to where she was chained. Judging by all the clinking of the metal chains, it sounded like he was unchaining her. However, despite being slapped and completely vulnerable at that moment, Eternity let out a small laugh.