Chapter 37 - Purple Rose

Here's another chapter to make up for the absence! I enjoyed this one a lot. Hope you do too! Please vote, comment, and follow if you did! ❤️
——————————————————

We had finished our dinner, and I was silently thankful that I hadn't been hungry enough to eat much during the luncheon earlier. We dined on fresh lobster and a perfectly flavored clam chowder, followed by a delicate raspberry soufflé for dessert. My taste buds were still tingling from our meal, and I washed it down with a tiny flute of champagne I had hesitantly taken from the waiter. I pressed it to my lips for another sip, like bubbling sparks against my tongue. I still had more than half of it left, not wanting to rush it, especially when my nerves and inexperience might exacerbate the effects of the alcohol.

I looked into the ocean, wearing his navy blazer to ward off the maritime chill, still present in the beginning of summer, and watched the water ripple oh-so softly against the yacht. We weren't moving very fast at all. The silence of night was like a blanket over us, and it was difficult to imagine that this haven wasn't the only place in the world at that moment. I waited for him to return.

I could feel the moment he stepped onto the deck, something in me just started to buzz with energy. He was coming to me, steps calculated and slow. One warm hand slipped over my waist, pulling me back against his chest. He caged me to him with his arm against my ribcage, fingers smoothly gripping my side. I encircled my hands around his forearm, resting my head against him. I was seconds away from purring with pleasure.

"I let the captain know to start steering us back to the docks. I have something I need to give you. In my haste I left it at the apartment earlier. We can head over, since we're quite close, settle down with some TV if you'd like. We'll be able to head back to your house in time."

"I'd like that," I said, smiling as I watched the moon. "But I hope you didn't get me anything. This is enough. More than. I've never had a more perfect night."

"So is my plan working?" He asked, completely skipping over my comment. "Are you falling harder as a result of moonlit dinners, dimly lit yachts, the Boston Harbor?"

I rolled my eyes in amusement. "As if any of it were necessary," I mumbled quietly.

He chuckled against my hair, his arm moving against the spot from which he held me. I had a moment in my mind where his hands moved up, over skin that burned for him, and I flushed so red I was relieved he couldn't see me.

There were moments, so many, where I was beside myself with the way my body reacted to him. I couldn't stop the reactions, foreign and staggering. They grew in strength each time he touched me, the gentlest of touches, and still they set my skin aflame.

Could I turn in his arms, wrap them against him and close the space between us? Kiss him until I needed the support of his body to keep me standing on two feet? Or would that be too much, too fast?

My heart beat fiercely. He probably felt it against my ribs.

He removed his hand from my torso, resting it at my waist, and the fear that he was going to stop touching me altogether made me act on instinct, turning in his arms to run my hands up his chest and over his shoulders, where I held on for dear life. His eyes grew open, then narrowed with something deliciously dark, and I rose on the tips of my feet to mold my mouth against his.

Fireworks. Two mountains collided. All the tension exploded at our lips and I kissed him with every ounce of need I had in me. His hands gripped my hips, then one snaked it's way to my neck, angling me to his liking so that my mouth was a willing offering for the taking. He took my bottom lip and sucked softly, gently, before taking my mouth completely. He angled my face quickly to the side, exposing my throat, and ran hot, wet kisses along my neck that made the softest of moans bubble out of my throat.